how many times

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you have dry hopped with a low AA aroma hop and then you want to re-use these hops as a bittering hop, with absolutly no idea of what AA are left.
If anyone can catergorically (sp) state, with references, that this is true, I will make a silly donation to the RNLI.

How silly will this donation be?

So you have dry hopped with a low AA aroma hop and then you want to re-use these hops as a bittering hop, with absolutly no idea of what AA are left.
If anyone can catergorically (sp) state, with references, that this is true, I will make a silly donation to the RNLI.
We don't all dry hop with low AA hops...

Chickens love the stuff. They can be used for dog biscuits too and I think people even make bread from it.

You can't make bread from it for the same reason you can't make beer from it (though grain from high abv brews might have enough sugars left for a low abv low quality beer as someone pointed out.) All the starch has been converted so there is nothing to make bread with.

You can't make bread from it for the same reason you can't make beer from it (though grain from high abv brews might have enough sugars left for a low abv low quality beer as someone pointed out.) All the starch has been converted so there is nothing to make bread with.
I've definitely read on here that someone uses spent grain as an addition to his bread. Might have been Dutto.

The grain isn't used in place of flour, just as an extra addition. I think it's usually toasted, so it can add some extra crunch. Probably little else, but there are plenty of things you can add to bread that are just for texture. I keep meaning to try it.

swmbo use some of the my spent grain in the wholegrain bread she make
and wow can you taste it its grate

A while back, I made a bit of a stab in the dark brew using a pile of mixed up used 'dry hops' from a previous brew:

12.5g Simcoe
25g Cascade
12.5g Ahtanum
6g Nelson
20g Centennial
12g Amarillo

I split it into 3 equal lots, and chucked in the wort at 60, 30 and 15, and then also dry hopped with a couple of 20g hop teabags.
Its was a really nice brew in the end, unfortunately i forgot to note down the grain bill i used. Doh.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did it as an experiment,both are carbing up. Will be interested to see what the weaker 3.50% brew tastes like:lol:, if it's rubbish,so be it. I re mashed the grains and then boiled for 40 minutes with a batch of fresh hops .
I know that 'cheapbrew' who comes on here from time to time has done it a few times and has had some decent beers!

Opened up a bottle of the partygyled beer today,it's ok much like a mid colour mild really,it's drinkeable and will get drunk:mrgreen:.
Certainly didn't re use spent hops however,don't see how that is possible.Even added a little more grain to the spent stuff and re mashed it.

Back