Tea Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened a bottle this afternoon / very disappointed [emoji24]
Mrs said it tastes like Sherry.
1 glass each and it went down the drain.
Too much citrus and far too sweet .
First home effort I've chucked away [emoji24][emoji24]
I'll try another bottle in a month or so !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's too bad! Mine tasted great but went cloudy unless at room temp. Sometimes you just can't win!

That's good , at least 1 turned out. Not sure where I went wrong. I think maybe de gassing, a little gas was in there when I opened.

Don't add the sultanas next time, as essentially you just made a sweet white wine not tea wine. Just tea and lemon and orange, good yeast nutrient, 1/2 tsp citric and your sugar that's it and you're good to go. Find it takes 8-10 weeks to get to 1.00 but not got below 0.998 over past couple of years, still dryish but with a very slight sweetness.

Don't add the sultanas next time, as essentially you just made a sweet white wine not tea wine. Just tea and lemon and orange, good yeast nutrient, 1/2 tsp citric and your sugar that's it and you're good to go. Find it takes 8-10 weeks to get to 1.00 but not got below 0.998 over past couple of years, still dryish but with a very slight sweetness.

Think I'll give that one a go this week. Cheers Tau.

It gets weirder! A recent batch of tea wine refuses to cloud up regardless of how much chilling, in stark contrast to the preceeding one. An' I didn't do owt different! Jolly nice it is too. 24 bottles of 12% wine for the price of four bags of sugar, a box of tea bags, a few sultanas and the usual sundries plus yeast? I mean, c'mon.

Back