HELP! Australian looking for replacement Buffalo element

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talco92

Reaction score
Hey everyone

My new Buffalo 40L urn (CC193-A) conked out. I got a replacement sent already which works fine, but I'd love to be able to fix up the first one and gift it or use it for side by side brews etc. etc.

The urn stopped working properly after it tripped the mains power while I was trying to do a test boil with water (I had just received it and wanted to check time to boil). After flicking the mains switch back on I restarted the boil process. It took ages. I'm pretty sure that when the short circuit occurred one of the elements died. Judging by how slowly it heats water now it was most likely the 1800W element, and the 600W one is left to do all the legwork.

ANYWAY, because Buffalos are huge in the UK home brew scene I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction for a fix or a website that sells replacements.

Cheers from down under

*bump*

still looking for a replacement element. would be great if someone could point me in the right direction

Sure it's the element? Could be the fuse.

I had the same urn back in Oz and I opened up the bottom and bypassed the fuse so I could get a vigorous boil going. Now I'm not recommending this in any shape or form but it is something I did (at my own risk) that helped navigate a similar issue.

Thanks for the replies.

@breadmurderer, yeah it's the element. I've taken the urn apart and tested the components individually.

@mike-os, thanks I'll have a look.

Latest posts

Back