Mini Keg Kegarator/Cooler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crawfordid

Reaction score
Hi guys

Was just wondering if anyone knows of any kegarator systems/coolers that can fit and use mini kegs in the UK. Ive seen a few products in the US but nothing that you can seem to buy over here.

There's these ones:
[URL="http://www.klarstein.co.uk/Home-Appliances/Beer-Tap-Dispenser[/URL]

The cheapest one uses CO2 canister and the most expensive ones seem to just be a pump system. They've been mentioned a few times on the mini keg thread but nobody has taken the plunge to buy one - the claim that the beer only stays fresh a week seems to be putting people off (me included) although I can't see how the CO2 system is any different to a party star other than the location of the cartridge and the fact it has a cooler.

There's these ones:
[URL="http://www.klarstein.co.uk/Home-Appliances/Beer-Tap-Dispenser[/URL]

The cheapest one uses CO2 canister and the most expensive ones seem to just be a pump system. They've been mentioned a few times on the mini keg thread but nobody has taken the plunge to buy one - the claim that the beer only stays fresh a week seems to be putting people off (me included) although I can't see how the CO2 system is any different to a party star other than the location of the cartridge and the fact it has a cooler.

Just had a look at that. The instructions seem to infer that it pumps air into the keg to force the beer out. There's no mention of any CO2 anywhere. This would explain the 7 days maximum to drink contents of the keg. This in itself isn't a problem but I can't really see the point of buying this over a Party Star Deluxe tap, which does use CO2, and simply sticking the keg in the fridge.

Also seems like there is little point in priming kegs as you have to release the pressure first before hooking it up to the machine.

Just had a look at that. The instructions seem to infer that it pumps air into the keg to force the beer out. There's no mention of any CO2 anywhere. This would explain the 7 days maximum to drink contents of the keg. This in itself isn't a problem but I can't really see the point of buying this over a Party Star Deluxe tap, which does use CO2, and simply sticking the keg in the fridge.

Also seems like there is little point in priming kegs as you have to release the pressure first before hooking it up to the machine.

The £99.99 one uses CO2 cartridges, and from what I've read it only seems to be the pre-bought Heineken etc top dispensing kegs that need to be de-pressurised.

Back