Brewnight: Red grape and cherry WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure of that part of the recipe with the Oak chips it says 1/4 of a packet but beside that it says 25lt or do you mean for the 4.5 litre demijohn a 1/4 packet

I am not sure of that part of the recipe with the Oak chips it says 1/4 of a packet but beside that it says 25lt or do you mean for the 4.5 litre demijohn a 1/4 packet

Yes - if your oak chips are meant for 25l then use a 1/4 for your demijohn. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so made a bit of a mistake, made the whole brew up and realised I had no wine yeast so I just threw in the same yeast I used for my strawberry & lime wow...

The cider yeast with sweetener, so will this just make it a very strong fizzy cider??

Thanks

Ok so made a bit of a mistake, made the whole brew up and realised I had no wine yeast so I just threw in the same yeast I used for my strawberry & lime wow...

The cider yeast with sweetener, so will this just make it a very strong fizzy cider??

Thanks

It will make it sweeter for sure !! And may impact the taste but you can still stop it as you would do normally and make wine.

Oh really, not sure what to do now.. Ok I'm pretty new to this so if I wanted wine when and how would I stop it and if I want cider just let it ferment out to 1.00?

Thanks

Oh really, not sure what to do now.. Ok I'm pretty new to this so if I wanted wine when and how would I stop it and if I want cider just let it ferment out to 1.00?

Thanks

Depends on how dry a wine you want dictates when you stop it . If you want to stop at 1.00 then just add some stabiliser to your wine to stop the fermentation.

Depends then on how quickly you want to bottle , but you can rack off to a clean DJ, degas , add finings to clear etc.

Check out some of the guides pinned up. They'll tell you all you need to know.

Ok thanks for your replies. Still not sure what do do really.. As a total newbee to all this I think with the cider yeast with sweetener there might be too much fizz to try and de gas it so might just leave it and try it as a cider but would be about 12% :-/

I'll do more reading up in the meantime and decide, any info appricated..

...I tried this today, 1 demijohns worth... What with my foamy mango wine mess experience...I left a good gap in the DJ this time - I think the recipe only calls for about 3.5 litres of liquid.

I am curious though, my starting SG is 1094. But, after any initial vigorous fermentation, I'll top up with water. Won't that affect my sg?

Also...what are these ''chips" all about!!?

You will get a false reading due to the lack of water but I wouldn't worry it'll be fine.

Back