Crossmyloof Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea, I got a delivery of hops the other day and 3 packs of the real ale yeast to try, if it's ordered directly via email rather than off eBay then it's less than a pound for a 10 gramme packet delivered! That's got to be about the lowest price anywhere for a varietal yeast I would think. The ale varieties are in the photo, they also do about 20 different wine yeasts. Looking forward to trying these out.

IMG_0942.jpg

Interesting to see a dry Kolsch yeast here, anyone tried it?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Just had a taste of mine after cold crashing for 13 days and its very crisp. Smelt the sulphur when i opened it but was very clean. I used 2 packs at 17c. Have another on the go with 2 packs at 15c. Went off like the clappers. Will be doing the same with the Cali Common at 14c.

So I thought I'd start a similar thread over at jims to see if they had any info on these yeasts over there.

Well, the thread seems to have developed into cross between a discussion on whether dried yeast is better than liquid yeast and a bar room brawl

I thought I was a master of off topic mayhem but I aint got nuthin' on them boys over at jims :lol:

http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=78204

So I thought I'd start a similar thread over at jims to see if they had any info on these yeasts over there.

Well, the thread seems to have developed into cross between a discussion on whether dried yeast is better than liquid yeast and a bar room brawl

I thought I was a master of off topic mayhem but I aint got nuthin' on them boys over at jims :lol:

http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=78204

Lol, well i wont be posting in that thread. Anyone would think they are arguing over the moon landings. :grin:

Flip sake MyQul what did you start? It did seem to descend into senseless arguing quite quickly. How dare you mention dried yeast. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened to your thread across on Jim's. Was it taken down? Can't seem to find it anymore :/ Anyway. Brewing a batch of IPA with CML US Pale. The last citra IPA I did was just the ticket. Clean and fruity ;)

What happened to your thread across on Jim's. Was it taken down? Can't seem to find it anymore :/ Anyway. Brewing a batch of IPA with CML US Pale. The last citra IPA I did was just the ticket. Clean and fruity ;)

Yeah, it got pulled as it was getting a bit wild (well even more so than it already was :lol:)

Interesting to see a dry Kolsch yeast here, anyone tried it?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I have two 5 litre brews done with this.One bottled and carbing,one almost ready to bottle.Will be keen to have a taster:thumb:
Had some samples posted to me.

Used the mead yeast. With staggered nutrient additions and knocking co2 out of solution, I had three batches of mead ferment out in 3 weeks. Previously I've used lalvin 71b and it's been 2 to 3 months. I just bought a mix of 10 to try some beer and kolsch. Great service and if you ask them for info on attenuation they give it to you.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've just ordered 10 packs of their American Ale yeast for £6.75 delivered. Good, quick responses via their FB page too - they've advised that it's more like MJ M44 than US-05 which is fine by me as I've used it M44 with good results previously. I'm going to put two packs in a DIY Dog Old World IPA next weekend - will report back on the results.

I've just ordered 10 packs of their American Ale yeast for �£6.75 delivered. Good, quick responses via their FB page too - they've advised that it's more like MJ M44 than US-05 which is fine by me as I've used it M44 with good results previously. I'm going to put two packs in a DIY Dog Old World IPA next weekend - will report back on the results.

Sounds good to me. One of my favourite dried yeasts. Seems to accentuate hops more readily than US-05.

How does the American pale yeast clear down compared to mj44? I've just got a Citra pale ale on the go using it. For my last brew, a centennial pale, I used the mj yeast and wasn't that impressed that there was still loads of it in suspension when I kegged the beer. That said I don't half the facility to cold crash.............

Cheers. Tom

How does the American pale yeast clear down compared to mj44? I've just got a Citra pale ale on the go using it. For my last brew, a centennial pale, I used the mj yeast and wasn't that impressed that there was still loads of it in suspension when I kegged the beer. That said I don't half the facility to cold crash.............

Cheers. Tom

I dont know about mj44 but i take a beer out of the airing cupboard after 2 weeks and its clear when chilled. I dont cold crash with this yeast either as my fridge is always full.

Used the mead yeast. With staggered nutrient additions and knocking co2 out of solution, I had three batches of mead ferment out in 3 weeks. Previously I've used lalvin 71b and it's been 2 to 3 months. I just bought a mix of 10 to try some beer and kolsch. Great service and if you ask them for info on attenuation they give it to you.

I can recommend the Mead yeast i have made some excellent Mead wines with it.

Yes started an lager off tuesday , went like a train at first settled down to a steady beat know.
My lager with the Kolsch finished in 4 days @16oC. Lagered for 2 weeks. Bottled today. Drink in a few weeks.

Back