Excellent service

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit off topic -

I used to buy KwiK Clear (my favourite finings) online as i cannot get it locally and the postage was roughly the same as the item which was annoying, i can get it with free postage but the they increase the price to cover costs. :roll:

Uggh! That's no good either!

I just checked an order i had from GEB which i did on about the 7th but it still hasn't come yet

A bit off topic -

I used to buy KwiK Clear (my favourite finings) online as i cannot get it locally and the postage was roughly the same as the item which was annoying, i can get it with free postage but the they increase the price to cover costs. :roll:

It's not the value of the goods that determine the shipping costs.

For example, I could ship a diamond worth millions for mere pennies.
If I were to post a relatively worthless bag of coal, however, it would cost a small fortune...

It's not the value of the goods that determine the shipping costs.

For example, I could ship a diamond worth millions for mere pennies.
If I were to post a relatively worthless bag of coal, however, it would cost a small fortune...

If you buy an item for £4 and pay £4 for postage it feels like a bit of a rip off if you bought the aforementioned diamond for £1000 i doubt you would thnk £4 postage was excessive.

I am will to pay that bit extra for a item and postage
if you are getting a good service and goods like you would do from these guys

I really wanted to order from these guys, because of the discount and the small amount of hops you can order at a time and because everyone here gives nice reviews. But, alas, spending �£20 on shipping to my postcode for a customised grain mixture that totals �£20, well that just doesn't work for me. �£40 for a brew? No thanks!

Have you considered ordering in bulk then you only have to take the £20 shipping hit once. Not sure if it applies to you in Scotland but if you order over a certain amount (I think it's £65) shipping is free

I just checked an order i had from GEB which i did on about the 7th but it still hasn't come yet
Yes just waiting for a response, might have left it a bit late, was a bit busy so didn't realise it hadn't come

Yes shipping is free orders over 60 quid.
I changed my order due to the postage being almost as much as the order.
I had difficulty though as they changed they're server which left my first order on he old one. To cut a long story short, they allowed me to create another order, choose free shipping, and add this one to the original.
Like another post mentions they write on the parcel any additional info you wish ie, leave with neighbour next door etc. Also, they're invoices are clear which I've found with some very vague.
Thanks to the good fellas on here who told me to contact them.through fb first.
Parcel came wed after ordering Friday. Very happy indeed.
I'll definitely be using them again.

... invoices are clear which I've found with some very vague.

That's actually one of my few niggles with GEB. I've used them mostly for their custom kits. On the invoice/order history, this shows up just as a 'Custom kit'. It'd be much more useful to me if it could give a breakdown of what I've included in the kit. On delivery the breakdown is on a label on the grain bag, so it'd be great if that could be seen on the online order history/email invoice.

It looks like they were having issues with the website or something as it is only being sent out today

Latest posts

Back