Which movie(s) have you watched recently?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did enjoy watching Eye in the Sky recently. Definitely a low budget job but a good performance by Alan 'give me my detonators' Rickman and very tense right the way through.

The last film that I enjoyed watching for the first time was Frank, the story of a surreal rock band fronted by Michael Fassbender in a papier mache head. Definitely odd, but strangely entertaining and the music wasn't bad either.

The last film that I enjoyed watching for the first time was Frank, the story of a surreal rock band fronted by Michael Fassbender in a papier mache head. Definitely odd, but strangely entertaining and the music wasn't bad either.
That sounds like a mixture of Zappa and beefheart

I did enjoy watching Eye in the Sky recently. Definitely a low budget job but a good performance by Alan 'give me my detonators' Rickman and very tense right the way through.

Agreed, a great film which sadly seemed to slip under the radar a bit.

Added to my watchlist :thumb:

Watched Shawshank Redemption for the numerous time.

Morgan Freeman is just a dude !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank is indeed wonderful. The song at the end is brilliant as well :)

I’m watching La La Land as we speak. It’s..........

The biggest pile of La la ....

I’m reserving judgment.

I’ve reserved judgment long enough. It’s awful.

Second one of the Bourne series last night. Quite good, not sure how I missed them first time around.

Haven't updated this in a while, so a few movies I saw recently...

I watched The Last Jedi a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty good actually, better than Force Awakens imo. Yes there were some really dumb moments and unnecessary scenes, but there was enough good stuff for me to enjoy it overall.

In The Loop was a fantastic political comedy. Written by Armando Iannucci and starring Peter Capaldi, what's not to like? Clever and funny, even for someone like myself who has no knowledge of or interest in politics.

The Mirror is a movie from 1975 by the Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky and is a really beautiful and interesting watch. It wouldn't be for everyone, this is very arty, there's no linear story just a series of memories from a dying man, and quite surreal but the visuals are beautiful.

Yeah I enjoyed The Last Jedi too. Also watched Life recently....scifi about finding a dormant life form on Mars and they revive it ....you probably can guess the rest! It was OK. ..

Yeah I enjoyed The Last Jedi too. Also watched Life recently....scifi about finding a dormant life form on Mars and they revive it ....you probably can guess the rest! It was OK. ..

Yeah saw that one, a very run of the mill sci fi horror which is a shame cos it started quite promisingly I thought.

Back