Perfect mead recipe?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fingersuk

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new to home brew I've got 3 demijohns of mead on the go. I'm after other recipes that people have found that works for them.

I have good few pounds of honey to get my next 2 demijohns on as my bees have been very busy this year so want to put it to good cause.

I saw one that uses hops but more American hops that are harder to get hold of here and expensive. Wouldn't mind finding least one thy had hops.....

Thanks
Chris

goldings go great with mead. american C hops can be picked up at the right places, but you'll generally have to pay for postage too, which is probably where it's getting expensive for you. Cascade and Centennial are pretty cheap at lots of stores (£2.50/100g or so.)

ask oldbloke, he's done some cracking meads. :thumb:

RobWalker said:
goldings go great with mead. american C hops can be picked up at the right places, but you'll generally have to pay for postage too, which is probably where it's getting expensive for you. Cascade and Centennial are pretty cheap at lots of stores (£2.50/100g or so.)

Anyone??

fingersuk said:
RobWalker said:

Anyone??

No I haven't!
I did a sort-of Joe's, which was OK, put away to age properly
A mixed berry melomel which is rather nice, but it's almost a berry wine with honey in place of the sugar, so no surprise it worked
And a golden-syrup spiced thing that isn't strictly mead at all but what else can you call it? That tastes a bit like cinder toffee and needs a mixer if you want more than a couple of mouthfuls, the taste is a bit intense
No way do I know much about mead!

I did a melon and pomegranate which after a month of aging is amazing.. But I should of had more melon.

Also fireball mead!! Always a good fun to try.

Back