Swing top Grolsch style bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosie

Reaction score
I have decided to use 500ml brown Grolsch type swing lid bottles to carbonate my cider in, can anyone recommend a good supplier?
I have a couple of Fischer 500mls these are perfect.
It could be cheaper to buy the bottles with beer in them?

Homebrew company have the best price but they are sold out. :(

Tesco have grolsch on special offer but these bottles only hold 450mls.

I need to bottle 30 litres at a time thats 60 bottles, anyone know where I can buy Fischers beer?

Even better -where did you get them?

Just looked at the bottom of my bottle with my specs on, yes you are right 66cl that means I only have to buy 40 bottles as I have a few already.

They are such good looking /feeling bottles they must make the stuff we put inside them taste even better. :cheers:

Yes, Harris Home Brew, Gornal, West Midlands have them in the shop - they are Grolsh bottles, but i do not know how much they are. You could ring them and ask them?
If your not close though, collecting or posting could make this a non starter?

I have got two types of swing top, the grolsch 450ml bottle and a 750ml. The 750ml is obviously more convenient on bottling day and I then need two glasses on the go when I am drinking it. The 450ml suit me best as I can pour a lot easier without worrying about having too much head escaping from my glass whilst keeping an eye on the sediment.

The bottles that I use with a crown cap are either 500ml or 568ml and I don't notice too much of a difference with the 450ml.

Matt

Another option is Das Helles beer from Aldi. Not sure if they still have it in stock but if I recall it was a fairly decent beer at a decent price and came in swing top 500ml brown bottles.

Great information chaps -appreciated- and great to have options. :)

sadly all of the above are sold out or only half a dozen left,
Aldi get some more 2014 september.

Something will turn up :thumb:

bobsbeer said:
Where are you? I have a couple of dozen you can have if you are near south Cumbria.

I am in Ross on Wye Herefordshire I would be happy to pay you to pack them up and send them to me, how much do you want for them. :)

Have you got a Range store near you, they sell swing top bottles. They used to be **** with cheap tops that didn't seal very well, but the other day I was in The Range and noticed that they now have ceramic tops.

Duncs said:
Have you got a Range store near you, they sell swing top bottles. They used to be **** with cheap tops that didn't seal very well, but the other day I was in The Range and noticed that they now have ceramic tops.

Ohhhhhh...... Ceramic tops. The web photo looked like plastic so I hadn't bothered. I'll get on over as soon as they reopen and check them out.

Happy Christmas.

Dave

If you pack and send them I will pay your costs up front, if that is OK? Thanks

Back