Lovebrewing's Beerworks Russian Imperial Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravabelli

Reaction score
Hi

Just noticed a Russian Imperial stout kit is available.

Don't think it has been around long but has anyway tried it yet?

Expensive but my favourite beer style and with 5+ kilo of malt extract so will have to get over and buy a kit soon. :drink:

Wow, that is going to be one powerful beer! Be interested to see the contents of the kit if you pick it up!

Hi

Just noticed a Russian Imperial stout kit is available.

Don't think it has been around long but has anyway tried it yet?

Expensive but my favourite beer style and with 5+ kilo of malt extract so will have to get over and buy a kit soon. :drink:
im doing kit right now added hops and took reading it,s now at 8 % abv, and it blew lid off my fv ha ha, but looks and smells delicious bottle on tuesday , can wait to try :drink:cheers andy.

I had a taste in the shop last week, I'm not a big stout drinker but it was delicious! You wouldn't believe it was 8% either, very smooth!

I'm going to give it a try come winter.

its alot of money for a kit.
you could buy a nice stout kit and short brew plus add some other ingredients and come up with an 8% beer for much less.
the st peters stout would be my choice and add some brown sugar, dark spray malt and maybe some black treacle.

its alot of money for a kit.
you could buy a nice stout kit and short brew plus add some other ingredients and come up with an 8% beer for much less.
the st peters stout would be my choice and add some brown sugar, dark spray malt and maybe some black treacle.

true have done that before but i got this kit for £26.00 as i was owed a tenner plus it was already reduced from around £46.00 which i would'nt have paid.
cheers andy.

At the full price of £46 it's expensive for a kit but still just over £1 a pint which isn't too bad if you enjoy it.

He says it will last up to a year in a pressure barrel, so I plan to make some for winter and I'll probably drink it a half pint at a time. Purely to keep the cold out you understand :)

I'm sure there are cheaper ways of achieving the same strength, but with this kit I can drink a sample in the shop and know I'm going to like it. If I mess about with a stout kit I might not be happy with the final result (I messed about with a stout kit to create a chocolate stout, I like it but it's more like licorice!)

At the full price of £46 it's expensive for a kit but still just over £1 a pint which isn't too bad if you enjoy it.

He says it will last up to a year in a pressure barrel, so I plan to make some for winter and I'll probably drink it a half pint at a time. Purely to keep the cold out you understand :)

I'm sure there are cheaper ways of achieving the same strength, but with this kit I can drink a sample in the shop and know I'm going to like it. If I mess about with a stout kit I might not be happy with the final result (I messed about with a stout kit to create a chocolate stout, I like it but it's more like licorice!)

so long as it turns out nice i dont mind, i got mine for a knock down price was on offer for £37. 00 i think, plus i got a tenner knocked off, as when you spend a £100 over time, you get a tenner , so for £27.00 happy days cheers andy.:-D:cheers:

I've never been a big fan of much over 5% ABV beers - so might never do one myself. But I do understand the fascination of brewing something like this. As Mick the Trick says, you can cobble together much the same at less the price. I think the great attraction of this kit (now reduced to £37.50 - exactly seven times the recent price of a Wilko 1 can) is that it represents a challenge - something unusual - an "I brewed this and it's different" sort of thing.

So go for it, guys.
Can we see the best copy?
Or a better one?

:hat:

To be honest I rarely go over 5% myself, though I'm thinking it could be nice to have a couple of strong brews for over the winter. :)

It's a 5.6KG Kit so I reckon you're getting what you pay for, particularly at the reduced price.

I wasn't that interested when I saw it on their website, it was only when I was in the shop and he gave me a taste of it that I put it on my "to buy" list, though probably not until my loyalty card is full :)

Bit of a thread revival but...

Brewed this a month ago for a Christmas tipple. I ended up with half a bottle over, so not to waste it I purged the headspace with co2, and gave it a try last night after 4 weeks in the bottle. Just gorgeous.

I'm not great at describing flavours, but there were lovely hints of coffee and dark chocolate. Reminded me a bit of Black Magic coffee cream chocolates!

The remaining bottles are put by for a potentially very merry Christmas at 8 and a bit percent.

Latest posts

Back