What other hobbies do you have?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
American Football is my big passion outside of homebrewing. .................

Its a stupid sport, but its my stupid sport and i love it.

Ditto and ditto!!

Great game! Mindless violence with Rules. I just know I would have been good at it. :thumb: :thumb:

Slide is Houston, December 13th 2009 - Seahawks v. Texans (Texans won)!

It's the only game I've ever seen live but I subscribe to GamePass every year so I don't miss too much of the action. :thumb:

Slide30.jpg

They have to provide some entertainment to cover 50% of the game when not much happens. :wink:

I used to be a regular viewer when it was on channel 4 but i wont pay to watch it, i caught extended highlights of the Superbowl and my favourite team won 34 - 28. :hat:

I'm into golf, playing and watching. Nothing better than getting a brew on with a major on in the background. Other than that I'm almost always listening to music, I could not live without it, predominantly melodic death metal such as In Flames, Nousema, Kalmah, At the Gates, Godgory etc. I like a bit of football, Sheffield United in particular and I also enjoy cooking.

I'm into golf, playing and watching. Nothing better than getting a brew on with a major on in the background. Other than that I'm almost always listening to music, I could not live without it, predominantly melodic death metal such as In Flames, Nousema, Kalmah, At the Gates, Godgory etc. I like a bit of football, Sheffield United in particular and I also enjoy cooking.

Saw At the Gates in Leeds year before last. Great band. :thumb:

Wait there are other things to do apart from brewing?? :lol:

I joke. I used to be a massive gamer, building my own PC's and the like. I do still have the occasional go on DayZ, but until it hits beta I'm trying to leave it alone.

Other than that I've got the ZX9R F2P as pictured, so I take that out for a blast :twisted: (weather permitting).

Aside from trying to kill myself on the blue noisy thing, I do some road cycling and I'm training for the Bristol great run 10k (well I'm meant to be, been slacking since Xmas).

IMG_20160318_180153.jpg

BBC4./Sunday /9PM - Even my wife thought it was good and her taste in music is the Bay City Rollers

Nice one! Just had a look on the BBC wesite & It's on catch up. I now know what I'll be doing for a hour this afternoon with a couple of HBs. thanks for the heads up I would have missed otherwise appreciate It.:hat:

Cheers Pete

I used to do quite a bit of fishing in my younger days, carp fishing mostly, don't have time for it anymore.

Like several other posters on here I have two young kids (3 & 5) so they occupy a large part of my spare time.

Stuff I do at the moment other than brewing -

Took up running back in September in an effort to lose a few pounds and get in better shape, sticking with that for three evenings a week.

Cycling is my preferred exercise but don't have so much time for it, did used to do a fair bit of mountain biking but that bike is broken at the moment and I have a hybrid for riding with the kids.

Do a fair bit of DIY though more out of necessity, we bought a house that was very run down, it was fun / interesting initially but I've sort of lost the enthusiasm for it a bit now. I don't mind when a job goes the plan and the end result provides some satisfaction but when things don't go how you want them to it can be pretty annoying.

The garden is another ongoing project, I quite like the landscaping side of it but the wife does all the plants and such like. She got herself a half plot at the allotments last year so I sometimes get roped in to help with that but to be honest I'm not a huge gardening fan and feel I can do more fun stuff with my spare time so I leave her to it where possible.

Enjoy fast cars but again kids and finances have got in the way of that for the time being.

We all enjoy camping and we're thinking about getting a caravan (sorry!) for this year as it will enable us to have more holidays on the cheap. Jetting off somewhere sunny is now somewhat cost prohibitive with the eldest at school. If we manage to get to the seaside then I'll indulge in a bit of body boarding.

Finally enjoy cooking / making nice meals.

Once the kids are older I'd like to rekindle my interests in:

Cars.
Photography.
Fishing.
Cycling.
Computers / electronic projects / home automation / gadgets / etc.
Radio controlled gizmos - cars, drones, helicopters etc.
Other stuff I can't think of right now.

And finally get into AG brewing!

You shouldn't give up on hobbies just because you've got young kids. Do you want them to remember you as the bloke who was always out at work and when you weren't you were a taxi service, or do you want them growing up remembering you as the lead guitarist in a thrash metal band?

Agree with that and I hope to include the kids is some if not all of my hobbies as they get older and more appreciative. Just that some things are taking a back seat / having a rest at the moment :thumb:

Like my Dad I'll aim to teach them brewing too as that's a good life skill to have :grin:

You shouldn't give up on hobbies just because you've got young kids. Do you want them to remember you as the bloke who was always out at work and when you weren't you were a taxi service, or do you want them growing up remembering you as the lead guitarist in a thrash metal band?

Quote of the day. I think I'm going to try and live by that when I have kids.

Latest posts

Back