Quaffing ale bottle swap?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan125

BIAB brewer
Reaction score
I'd appreciate some feedback on a 4.1% V2 golden ale that I've made if anyone fancies a bottle swap?

I've tried to focus on drinkability with this beer so it has a few less hops than usual for me (150g total of Centennial, Amarillo & motueka, with a dash of Nelson) and a grain bill which is mainly MO with a touch of caramalt, oats & aromatic malt
The beer our of the keg can be seen on post #32 here: http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68699&page=4
And the bottles will be carbed in a few days

I'd especially like some opinions on the body/mouthfeel/balance of the brew.

Happy to swap with any kit, extract or AG brew and I have packaging I can send for you to return with your bottle.

:cheers:

Sounds nice Dan, i'd be up for a bottle if you fancy either a Californian common 5.4abv or a Belgian strong ale 8.4abv there the best I've got to offer at the moment..

Hi Dan
I'd be up for a swap. Not done one in a while.
I have a Wit Beer or a dark colour Best Bitter to offer in return.

Nice one - I'll go with the bitter please
I'll send bottles next week

Sounds nice Dan, i'd be up for a bottle if you fancy either a Californian common 5.4abv or a Belgian strong ale 8.4abv there the best I've got to offer at the moment..

Great, I'd like to try the Californian common thanks.
I'll give you a shout before sending

Excellent - always a pleasure to sample your brews:thumb:

Thanks.

I can't remember what you have and haven't tasted. If you want something quaffable in return I have a English IPA- at first I didn't like it but I think it is coming good so can do with a second opinion. Made with one of Geterbrewed's Polish yeast if you fancied harvesting some.

Or there is Black IPA or the Rosemary and Simcoe Pale.

I am making a bitter this weekend if you can wait a few weeks.

I'd appreciate some feedback on a 4.1% V2 golden ale that I've made if anyone fancies a bottle swap?

I've tried to focus on drinkability with this beer so it has a few less hops than usual for me (150g total of Centennial, Amarillo & motueka, with a dash of Nelson) and a grain bill which is mainly MO with a touch of caramalt, oats & aromatic malt
The beer our of the keg can be seen on post #32 here: http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68699&page=4
And the bottles will be carbed in a few days

I'd especially like some opinions on the body/mouthfeel/balance of the brew.

Happy to swap with any kit, extract or AG brew and I have packaging I can send for you to return with your bottle.

:cheers:
Hi,

I'd be up for a swap. I have a Vic's Secret SMaSH IPA or a hoppy Pale Ale to offer?

Thanks.

I can't remember what you have and haven't tasted. If you want something quaffable in return I have a English IPA- at first I didn't like it but I think it is coming good so can do with a second opinion. Made with one of Geterbrewed's Polish yeast if you fancied harvesting some.

Or there is Black IPA or the Rosemary and Simcoe Pale.

I am making a bitter this weekend if you can wait a few weeks.

Its very tempting to try your version of the rosemary/simcoe pale, but lets keep it quaffable and go for the English IPA - thanks

Excellent. You still have the address from the t-shirts? If not I'll PM you.

I've sent bottles to @Dads_Ale & @Leon103 today (how do you do that name linking, mentioned in post thing???)

But my other bottle box must be out on a swap as I can't find it anywhere, so I'll have to wait to get the boxes back before sending the others sorry.

(how do you do that name linking, mentioned in post thing???)

Don't colour, use bold or underline the usename just post @username.

I have edited your post above. :thumb:

I've sent bottles to @Dads_Ale & @Leon103 today (how do you do that name linking, mentioned in post thing???)

But my other bottle box must be out on a swap as I can't find it anywhere, so I'll have to wait to get the boxes back before sending the others sorry.

Can't wait :thumb:
Interested in feed back on my swap as I have deliberately made this malt forward and spared the hopping.

Latest posts

Back