Swap - German wheat beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martybhoy

Reaction score
Recently brewed a Hefeweisen which I'm really happy with. It's been conditioning less than 2 weeks, so is at optimal drinking stage. Looking at style guides, I think it's technically one of my best brews.

Willing to swap for any brew except a sour beer.

😀

Recently brewed a Hefeweisen which I'm really happy with. It's been conditioning less than 2 weeks, so is at optimal drinking stage. Looking at style guides, I think it's technically one of my best brews.

Willing to swap for any brew except a sour beer.

😀

Perfect! I'm entering my wheat beer phase at the moment and wouldn't mind tasting a good one. Maybe even pinching the recipe :D

I have a "back to basics" IPA if you'd like one? Just been kegged, was in the FV for 3 weeks and looks almost crystal. Or I've got a double IPA which is already bottle from the keg and is in it's prime. The latter I'd quite like a review of, as I'm convinced it tastes too strong, but for a double I guess you'd expect it.

Happy to send both :)

Cheers Jon. I still have about a dozen of my wheat beer left and I honestly think it has improved, despite many people recommending they be drank young.

Happy to send, and more than happy to receive whichever beer you want to send. I love IPAs so either is fine.

DM me your address and I'll send you mine. Cheers.

No probs Leon. DM me your details and I'll send you mine.

Happy to receive whichever beer you want to send.

[emoji106]

Just finished this beer and it didn't disappointed.

Pulled out my wheat glass and it filled it with a lovely head.
Loads of banana coming from the bottle and the usual murky colour associated with this style. Reminded me of my time in Hamburg last may.

Nice smooth and easy to drink.
If I was to pick something up I personally like a bit more banana/bumblegum flavour but that's a personal preference. Great pint which is making want to brew another weiss

Attachments

• 20180113_201745.jpg
    20180113_201745.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 190
Cheers Jon. I used WLP380 which produces minimal banana. I tried two brews with WLP300 for a big banana hit but for whatever reason they both came out bland. I'll definitely be trying the 300 again tho.

I'm planning to work on hefeweizen this year, and would be happy to do some swaps and share info/tips

I'll give you a PM when I've got round to brewing one. Waiting on a brew to finish atm

No problem svenito. I can send you one anytime. There's a chance I might forgot to keep one by and end up drinking them all!

Back