youngs strawberry wine kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, i bought one of the youngs country definitive strawberry wine kit from wilkinsons the other week, and thought i'd give it a got for £6.99, alll through the fermentation it went like a dream, ended up clearing beautifully.
Saturday night, we had friends round, and the demjohn was on the top, so i got the siphon out to try it for the first time.....WOW!! is all i could say, this wine is absolutely brilliant, the aroma was full on strawberrys, the taste, well, it was a smooth rounded strawberry taste, and it certainly had a kick to it, i had a look at its around 13%!!!!
These wine kits have won me over, i am buying one of each flavour to try, and am looking forward to the blackberry one!!

[attachment removed - to replace image please upload it to an image host and link]

For a £6.99 kit, its a sure fire winner, the colour was brilliant, infact heres one picture for you!
I recommend that you all try one of these kits, available from there website as well!!!

sounds cool, especially cos strawberries can seem a bit expensive to make a wine with.

Does it have artificial strawberry flavour in the kit?

I made one of these a while ago. It fermented way too dry and was unpalatable - I tried adding sugar but that didn't seem to help :hmm: I still have it in a DJ somewhere. Maybe I'll try it tonight - it's been about 9 months since it was put into the DJ.

I was quite expecting to find a mouldy DJ - however it's stored well. I've just poured myself a glass - still a bit dry so I might add some more sugar to sweeten it up.

According to google search results, 2 oz of sugar will add 0.005 to the gravity of 1 gallon which should do the job.

I had given up on this completely, but now I may have 6 bottles of nice strawberry wine :party:

glad you like it now johny, am having a glass now, am getting people to save me their wine bottles now, will start and concentrate on wine a little more than beer now!

glad that people on here have either tried the kits, or going to give them a try! :D
Curious, has anyone made the blackberry by youngs at all, or any other flavour they make, and if so, what was it like?

Perhaps we can have a post or thread with peoples views and tastes of different wine kits, so we can make an informed choice, something like that anyway!

I think i may have to add this to my list of new brews that i'm curious about trying!

Good idea from the post a bit earlier in the thread Fala, why don't you start it? "fruit wine kit comparison" or something like that for a title? We could also have a similar grape wine kit thread (for both reds and whites).

Latest posts

Back