turbo yeast cider recipes wanted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the shadow

Reaction score
has any one used turbo yeast in a cider? as i fancy making a very higth abv cider for the summer this year :drunk: im realy wanting to know wot s.v to go for to get the best abv

Turbo yeast is normally used for spirits in my country.
Because its carbon fltered, ABV is the important thing.
So taste is bad :sick: :sick:

Try a wine yeast or a cider yeast

A really high ABV TC is going to be drier than a nun's chuff and will at the very least give you a headache of doom. Probably won't taste anything like cider either! Be good if there's a fuel crisis though :thumb:

higth abv cider for the summer this year
A really high ABV TC is going to be drier than a nun's chuff

Don't know anything about nuns bits :eek: but its all about starting gravity and gravity after fermenting. If you use the calculator at the top top of the forum you can enter figures to see what value you might or have achieved. :? ? . Juice with no sugar added will be 1048 ish and may ferment down to 996 giving 6.9 % How high is high :shock:
If you really want more, not for me, :) add more sugar to start. The yeast will use up the sugars and will continue to do so until they have gone, leaving a dry cider.
If you bottle before fermentation has finished you will get into a very dangerous situation with over pressurized bottles :nono:
I brew more and then drink more, if I want more alcohol, its a choice then :lol:

Latest posts

Back