AG#6 Fullers London Porter Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peelman

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
AG#6 today as planned Fullers London Porter clone from the GW book.

All finished and cleaned up. Didn't take many photos as I've been out and about most of the day.

Happy today as I hit the volumes and OG pretty much spot on. 23ltr OG 1053.
Just 2 pics I'm afraid :oops: I will post more of the finished product though I promise.

photo1_zps894aaa89.jpg

The recipe print out from BS2

photo2_zps270435b7.jpg

Pale, chocolate, brown and crystal malt. Fantastic smells from the mash and boil. The last few brews I've done have all been pretty much single malts. I forgot how good dark malts smell during the boil! :thumb:

Will post a photo next of it in the glass about to be sunk :drink: Hoping it's going to be around Christmas but who am I kidding, It will probably be sometime next month....

I did this a couple of months ago with a ginger addition for Xmas. Already has some chocolate complexity with mellowing bitterness and a residual heat, this is going to be cracking Christmas drinking at 5.8%

Tastes more complex than the bottled commercial version and has a deep clear ruby colour to it with about the same carbonation and loses its head rapidly ( just like the commercial version).

I made this one as my 3rd AG brew at the end of last year.
My fermentation finished at around 1018, making it weaker than I'd expected, but it was delicious...there are a few bottles left in the depths of my beer store, and as winter seems to have returned it could be time to go find them.

Tim.
I like the sound of a ginger porter. How much ginger did you put in? Was it added at 10 mins to go?

Fireblade.
Yes a winters drink for sure, that was my thinking. You need to dig them bottles out.. :cheers:

Cool, my bitter accidentally became a porter today but as you say "Winter is coming" time to stock up on dark beer! T

photo_zps59857244.jpg

Kegged and bottled yesterday. FG 1006 That's a lot lower than it says in the book???

:cheers:

peelman said:
Tim.
I like the sound of a ginger porter. How much ginger did you put in? Was it added at 10 mins to go?

Yes it was 15 mins from the end, I used crystallised ginger about 70g.

the-erl said:
FG 1006 That's a lot lower than it says in the book???
What was your SG?

This sounds like a great brew, keep us posted how it out!

Erl :drink:

OG 1053 and I will keep updating until it's all gone :drink:

the-erl said:
Kegged and bottled yesterday
What did you prime your bottles with?

Erl :drink:

One teaspoon of dextrose per 500ml bottle. I did't batch prime as I only bottled 8. The other 19ltrs (just under) went into a cornie keg.

Keg is almost empty. I think there maybe about 4 or 5 pints left in it?? :doh:
And I just realised that I never posted a pick of the finished product.....
photo_zpse39538b7.jpg

I have now!! :cheers:

I really enjoyed this over the Christmas period, along with all the other brews. I will do this again one day I would think.

:thumb:

Cheers!
Yeah you've got to drink beer like this out of an old school 'jar' too.. I think they should make it the law...

Latest posts

Back