brewferm pils on the way

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rui

Reaction score
today i brewed my sixth batch!! all from kits!!

My choice today was a brewferm pils because i m already thinking at the summer ;)
i know that this kits take ages to be ok, so, now that i m resting and recovering from the holidays, i m able to brew thinking in the future :cool:

i used for the 20l version:
- a can of brewferm pils 1,5kg
- a can of LME 1,5kg

i m thinking to do dry hopping with saaz at the secondary(i never did it, i will need some advices) :wha:

:cheers:

Interested to hear how this goes, brewferm kits on the whole are excellent. Keep us posted!

i changed it to a secondary and and started the dry hopping with 30gr of saaz, last friday!! yesterday i went to check it, and took a sample......i m keeping it at 19/20ºC, since then!!!

but i m worried with sample that took.....the taste is similar with another pils that i brewed, and after 7 seven weeks in the bottle didnt change......the flavor is a litle bit sweet, i realy dont know how to describe it...almost like marshmallow or not...i realy dont know....can be diacetyl??...the OG was 1045, FG is 1013 (should be 1010)

i brewed both pils (this brewferm and another one - muntons) with the kit yeasts,
the one from brewferm was an ale yeats (brewed at 20ºC), the muntons had a lager yeast (brewed 10º/13ºC).

what provoques this flavor, and what can i do to change it???

:hat:

Latest posts

Back