St. Peter's cream stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kman

Regular.
Reaction score
I've had this in the fv for 10 days now, the first few days it went off like a rocket but it has ceased to do much since, I took a reading today of 1.018 on my hydrometer, I'm going to leave it a few more days to see if there's any change but are these kits known to take longer to reach the target gravity?

If it's still not moving, you could try increasing the temp slightly if you're able to, and giving it a gentle stir.

If it's still not moving, you could try increasing the temp slightly if you're able to, and giving it a gentle stir.

A stout will have a higher proportion of unfermentable sugars than a pale ale and so will taste a bit sweeter and feel a bit "heavier" on the tongue.

1014 is not unusual at this stage and perhaps not too different to 1010 for a pale beer, in terms of fermentation.

If you review the Coopers Stout Kit Review pages, you can see evidence of adding all sorts of extra fermetables (and all sorts besides) to a stout, and getting good results.

Back