Proud father

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spudbasher

Reaction score
Hi all,I have a Finlandia lager kit which was quite happy sitting on the work top waiting for my attention. the yeast packet was perched on the top . I came from work home today to have my son (18) inform me that he had knocked the yeast packet of the top and into the dog water bowl, but it was ok because he had dried it out by leaving it on the hot radiator all day (heating on all day to dry out ruined yeast).
This gives me the opportunity to try a better yeast than supplied with kit I suppose .
I have read up a bit on available lager yeasts and as I understand it most of the decent ones ferment at much lower temps. than bitter yeasts,

so, is this right and if so is it a good plan to make lager rather than bitter etc thru the colder months ?

Any recommendations for a yeast to suit finlandia lager?

how do I remove a homebrew kit tin from a college student? :evil:

I don't drink or brew lager so I can't answer your questions, but as the father of an 18yo son you have my sympathies.

Mine's not quite as clumsy as he used to be, but there are times when we wonder what planet he's on.

No worries with regards to homebrew kits though, mine is tee... to ..... ta .... ta .... ta ...... doesn't d..... , no, I can't say it :?

Shame and scandal in the family :oops:

Moley said:
I don't drink or brew lager so I can't answer your questions, but as the father of an 18yo son you have my sympathies.

Mine's not quite as clumsy as he used to be, but there are times when we wonder what planet he's on.

No worries with regards to homebrew kits though, mine is tee... to ..... ta .... ta .... ta ...... doesn't d..... , no, I can't say it :?

Shame and scandal in the family :oops:

Least he doesn't drink your beer ,dont know how lucky you are!

I dont drink the commercial stuff myself but as this kit was marked down to £7.00 I thought i,d make some for the little lady (Andy Gray moment there sorry) wont save much money now I have to buy more yeast, ah well ,mice and men.

Spudbasher, I believe you are correct.

However, i am not an expert, i've just read other people's posts on here and done some googling.

if you go the the message board on hops and yeast, there is a thread quite near the top called Yeast Properties. there is an excellent piece in there by Aleman, in which he recommends a particular yeast for lager.

Latest posts

Back