Forgive me father for I have sinned

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graysalchemy

Reaction score
Forgive me father for I have sinned.

Just once a year and only once a year I go away for two weeks with SHMBO, the kids, MIL and FIL. And on these occasions I well it is very hard for me to say it............

I drink

718.jpg

But this year I also drank

364.jpg

and

882.jpg

You see it is what my FIL drinks (he doesn't like home brew) so i have to go along with it. I know it is no defence.

However this year I got used to drinking it so much so I began to like it :eek: :eek: I started to enjoy the sweet fizzy tasteless hopless weak beer beer so much so I would drink 5 a night. I even had a favorite J*hn S*&ths :eek: :eek:

I have started my rehabilitation with 3 pints of the finest Graysalchemy pale ale. My Hop buds are begining to recover and detect hops again.

I promise not to digress again (well not for another 50 weeks) and I will carry on with the rehabilitation.

My humble apologies for letting you all down and bringing this forum's name into disrepute.

Alistair

I'm astonished.

I'm not sure whats more astonishing.

1. Your FIL drinks this stuff and likes it.
2. You admitting to drinking it.
3. You drinking it because your FIL drinks it.

All a bit too shocking for me, I think we should have this thread X-Rated.

whilst we are hearing confessions i too used to drink some of that
i have 4 cans still in the garage

i think it should be fifty liters of brewing not 50 hail Marys

Thanks I have repented and I am on my way to recovery. A brew is planned for next week.

And for the record Steve I don't drink that sh*t just because my FIL likes it but because that is what was on offer.

bow thy head in shame jedi :evil: :evil:

and get those JS thoughts out of your head :lol: :lol:

Don't worry Gray's you were well aware that you had, still have? a problem and are confronting it, you should get through this. :lol:
S
On second thoughts, where were you drinking that stuff, could you not have taken a few crates of you own stuff, or drank tea or coffee.
I usually load up the white van with a crate or two when camping, Mrs S. has now trained me to put the beer and portaloo in first instead of last, cos when we rock up in a white van, dog transport ;) people get worried and even more so when they see those items unloaded first, with no tent to hide them, they start pulling pegs. :lol:
Steve right, ..........??????? You probably need to seek professional help :lol:

Ha excellent!

Do you know that feeling of pure guilt and shame which runs through your veins when you're in a pub with your mates and the closest thing they have to beer is John Smith's - and you order one? I was recently in a pub which didn't even have Guinness!

It was like drinking ... air.

I urges have passed at least now only 48 weeks till next holiday. I will be making amends on tuesday with 40l of barley wine. Since coming back I haven't touched a drop of any of the above it has been 13days 7 hrs and 45 minutes so I am feeling quite good about it now.

Thanks for all your support I knew that sharing it with the group would lighten the burden of guilt that had weighed heavy on my mind.

Now tonight I am going to crack open a new batch of Pride of Manchester Bitter.

:drunk: :drunk:

Latest posts

Back