It's research, right?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puravida

Landlord.
Reaction score
After drinking nothing at home but my own Woodstock APA pretty much since early december I thought I'd pick up a few of the beers I know I like, and then see what I think after a little time away.

6772785925_2243f3f0ce_b.jpg

The big surprise was the Hooky Gold. One of my favourite beers for ages and now, not really doing it for me to be honest! Nothing wrong with it, just not got the hops and the freshness.
Brewdog - still love, but that grapefruit is a little unbalanced. Tone it back slightly I think.
Sierra Nevada - not wanting to toot my own flute, but pretty much identical to my Woodstock APA. Stoked as purely coincidental
Hoegaarden - I love this still and really can't wait to brew an attempted clone in few weeks
Meantime Raspberry Wheat - really good. They've pulled out that real zingy puckerness from the raspberries. Another one to shoot for I think.

I'd like to see someone doing the same as you have here but with canned lagers lol i bet the cans would go in the bin ;)

It's funny I think just about every new brewer thinks he will save money on beer if he brews his own. I can tell you that is not at all my experience. Now every time I learn about a new style or brew house I have to buy that beer if nothing more than "research."

I still have my commercial favorites though; Sierra Nevada, arrogant *******, duvel, and Stone's IPA are my fallbacks. I've found beers I used to think we're good are now almost undeniable after I've started judging. Some of those include: blue moon, shock top, corona, and rolling rock.

Latest posts

Back