Drunken Monkey Pale Ale (Not so pale) PICCIES

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulpj26

Regular.
Reaction score
Right there's a few piccies with this so I'll get the malt and hop bill out of the way first (I've changed it from my previous recipe)

Malt Bill:
Marris Otter: 3293g
Munich Malt: 1000g

Hop Bill:
Saaz: 79g 3.3AA 90Mins
Hersbrucker: 19g 3.1AA 90Mins
Hersbrucker: 24g 3.1AA 10Mins

Yeast: US-05

007_zpsefa5d2cc.jpg

I didn't have my 5Ltr jug with me today so I had to improvise and I used my Immersion Chiller to fill the Boiler/HLT for me :whistle:

009_zpsbac6b2a2.jpg

Nice picture of those lovely malty grains! (Plus my old man slippers! :D ) first time I've used Munich

010_zps746753a5.jpg

Pretty impressed with these hops considering they're about 2 years old!

013_zps362c8e5a.jpg

The Hop Bill :twisted:

012_zpsc0d04eab.jpg

015_zps97c362c4.jpg

014_zps0fa92023.jpg

Was surprised at how dark the wort came out as the beer engine software said 12 EBC which I didn't think would be as dark! :hmm:

016_zps8643fc48.jpg

If you look at the sides of the boiler you can see loads of protein cr*p that was a result of my first boil over!! :oops: I decided after having done the mash I'd get my salifert kit out and check my water, in the mean time I'd forgotten about the boiler which had managed to boil over :lol:

018_zps45dd45f7.jpg

017_zps94715140.jpg

That's not yeast fermentation it's just all the foam that was created from the transfer of wort from boiler to fermenter bin! The smell from hops are amazing!

019_zps52f1f369.jpg

Finally my beer making creatures! :D

Overall with the exception of the boil over, a smooth brewday!

Just put your grain bill in Brewmate and it came out 11.6 EBU. It looks a bit dark from your photo, but what the hell it'll be great... :clap:

regaltabs said:
Where is the pipe shot to go with those slippers.

Nice brew mind :thumb:

Being a Yorkshire lad I should also have a flat cap and whippet in that shot :lol:

If I had some sandals on you would have also known I'm a CAMRA member :rofl:

dont forget black pudding to lol :thumb:

paulpj26 said:
regaltabs said:
Where is the pipe shot to go with those slippers.

Nice brew mind :thumb:

Being a Yorkshire lad I should also have a flat cap and whippet in that shot :lol:

If I had some sandals on you would have also known I'm a CAMRA member :rofl:

Latest posts

Back