Returning to the Brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jramsey

Reaction score
I am not exactly new to brewing. In '95 I started to brew using extracts exclusively. My focus was on Porters and Amber Ale. The results I achieved were just barely OK. The favors were wonderful, but the carbonation tended to be insufficient. After a while, life got in the way of the brewing a so I stopped. I also found at the time that the new Micro Brew industry was supply a mind boggling array of high quality products that were marginally more expensive than the home brew.
Fast forward to 2012 and I find myself in a position that allows the time and space to focus on the brew. Also, the price of quality beer has increase to a point where it is just silly. I am finding it harder by the day to fork over $15/6pk for the beer that I enjoy.
So here I am, 17 years later, ready to brew the best IPA time and money will allow. I am all in from the start, I have a blank slate meaning I have not bought any equipment, so each piece will be carefully considered. Quality, space, accuracy and utility will be my guiding principles for equipment.
My hope in that this forum will help in those choices.

Welcome....all your answers are here...on the forum... get set for a lot of reading, then make your choice.
I.P.A,s are wonderful their is much to vary and keep you amused and your taste buds a tingling.

Welcome back to the fold j :thumb:
Know what you mean about the price of beer :shock: ...not good
IPA's are my fav type of beer, looking forward to seeing how you get on :cool:

Back