Fancy running your own pub/micro brewery?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlakenhallBrewer

Reaction score
Six Bells

I always used to pop in when I was anywhere near Bishops Castle and ended up preferring the Six Bells to the Three Tuns but I don't think I could get a £300,000 purchase past the missus even though she likes my beer

:D

Probably due to lack of business. loads of pubs have closed their doors for the last time in my area, some have even been demolished.

Also a few of our breweries have closed, like Vaux, Whitbread , Tetley and Scottish and Newcastle.

Shame really.

I'm seeing fewer pubs close around here than did a few years back. Is not an easy life running a pub so the "other interests to pursue" might just mean we're sick of it!

Good luck to them.

Its not 100% clear what is being sold though. The article states that its the business which is on the market so it might just be a term of a lease (with rent to pay), equipment, fixtures and fittings and the good will of a profitable business.

If I could secure the finance I'd love to, I could make it work even if it was failing.

Latest posts

Back