Is this a bottle bomb or just a dodgy bottle?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewerboy

Reaction score
My beer was conditioning inside to get the fizz up.
I opened the box to take a look before it went out in the shed and found this bottle.
DSCN1517_zpsd6070a25.jpg

Is it bottle bombs or a bad bottle?
Cheers
Jacob

If any more explode in the next couple of days... bottle bombs. If not, probably an imperfect bottle/hairline crack :thumb:

Did you batch prime or individually prime each bottle?

Individual priming but ive gone over to batch now as its more consistent.
Thanks for the help. Ill keep an eye on them

I've had one bottle bomb and about 2cm of neck with a crown cap on it was all that showed it was once a bottle. It was blown to bits. I'd guess what you have is a flawed bottle!

I had a couple of beer bottles crack last week that were out in the shed (commercial beer) the temp had dropped below 0. Maybe that could of been the cause?

is that a bulmers bottle?
i have had a few bulmers bottles crack on me now. changed to newcastle brown ale now as they are a lot stronger and i can get them in abundance.

JonnyD said:
is that a bulmers bottle?
i have had a few bulmers bottles crack on me now. changed to newcastle brown ale now as they are a lot stronger and i can get them in abundance.

Looks like spitfire to me and I'd say bottle flaw as it's not a shatter.

OK guys thanks for that.
I know know it is just a flaw. Yes I am keeping them in the dark in cardboard boxes.
Thanks for the help.
Jacob

Latest posts

Back