1st Homebrew: Modified Wilko's Hoppy Copper

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rompy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Jumped straight into doing some brewing this week, what with Wilkos' sale on all the gear, and started my first brew. Not sure if it's a little bit bold to experimenting with flavours on my first try, but I wanted something a little different with household ingredients. I've got friends who do it and have helped out a few times, so I'm wasn't completely new coming into it!

Modified Wilkos Hoppy Copper: Gentlemen's Hop.

1kg Tin of Hoppy Copper Malt
500g Demerara Sugar
550g Lyle's Golden Syrup
Mug of strong earl grey tea, added with the sugar.

Brewed to 20L.

The brewing went okay I think! I'm a bit worried that it's slightly too cold, I think my thermometer is a bit out as I couldn't get an accurate reading. When I took a bit out to test with the hydrometer, it seemed a little cool. Will this affect the beer? I'm guessing it'll just slow the fermentation down?

Cheers,
Pictures to follow hopefully.

R.

Heya Rompy, Welcome.

That sounds nice, let us know how it goes as i think my next experiment is going to be with Earl grey.

Badger

2zxxidu.jpg

16kvmza.jpg

70xcg7.jpg

Forgive the black tape around the airlock bung, there were bits of plastic sticking up so it was just to make things a little neater! Thankfully, we have a disused bathtub in my flat- so brewing with no mess!

Looks Cracking. Let us know how it tastes!

And dont interfering with it, It will be fine!

Latest posts

Back