newbie first brew.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyhorton

Reaction score
Im gonna make a batch of Woodfordes wherry this weekend for the first time. But im a great lover of hops.
Is it as simple as just boil the hopes in netting cloth and add them to the fermentation bucket at the start. Or is this the wrong way. Thanks in advance fellow brewer's

willyhorton said:
Im gonna make a batch of Woodfordes wherry this weekend for the first time. But im a great lover of hops.
Is it as simple as just boil the hopes in netting cloth and add them to the fermentation bucket at the start. Or is this the wrong way. Thanks in advance fellow brewer's

I don't bother boiling the hops, just put them in a bag drop them in, give it a stir, come back in an hour, stir again then leave for 10 days.

willyhorton said:
Is there any specific hops that ya would recommend ?
it depends what hop flavours you are wanting to bring through. Its quite a citrusy ale in itself, if you want to bring out those flavours, some american 'citra' hops would be ideal. i personally like east kent goldings.

willyhorton said:
... im a great lover of hops.
Is it as simple as just boil the hopes in netting cloth and add them to the fermentation bucket at the start....
I did an IPA beet kit that came with a packet of hop pellets. The instructions said to add them after 7 days of fermentation. I had hops floating in my bottles, but it wasn't unpleasant. Next time I'll either strain it, or put them in a sterile muslin bag like a tea bag.
I've discovered I like hops too :D

M

Latest posts

Back