Buying in BULK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail59

Regular.
Reaction score
Now I always thought buying in bulk was cheaper. I have 3 Home Brew outlets closeish to me.

Outlet 1. case of 15 brown 500ml bottles £9.99 = £0.66p per bottle

Outlet 2. Case of 12 brown 500ml bottles £7.20 = £0.60p per bottle

Outlet 3. Case 0f 6 brown 500ml bottles £3.44 = £0.57p per bottle

Is it me :wha:

:wha: :wha: :wha:
You do know you can buy them with beer in (prices vary, typically £1.00 upwards, average £1.50)
There's also your local pubs or your neighbours' recycling tubs (£0.00 per bottle).

Ive got my friends and neighbours collecting bottles already moley :thumb: And my sister works in a garden centres reastaraunt so a free supply of bottles is in hand :thumb: I just thought it was starange that the fewer you buy the cheaper they got :D I also noticed in streco the other week it was cheaper to buy 2 1kg bags of rice than 1 2kg bag :wha: .

If you want 500, i can get them for less than 25p a bottle.

Or you can have a garage load of magners bottles for free. Collection only :wink:

Open offer actually. I have about 200 to give away.

Moley said:
:wha: :wha: :wha:
You do know you can buy them with beer in (prices vary, typically £1.00 upwards, average £1.50)
There's also your local pubs or your neighbours' recycling tubs (£0.00 per bottle).
My mate say's NETTO do Newky Brown beer at a £1.00 a bottle every now and then. ;)

snail59 said:
I just thought it was strange that the fewer you buy the cheaper they got :D I also noticed in streco the other week it was cheaper to buy 2 1kg bags of rice than 1 2kg bag :wha: .
Oh that applies to all sorts of commodities from many places, my daughter uses Heinz tomato ketchup on just about everything and I've noticed in Morrison's it has been far cheaper to buy 4 x 250g than 1 x 1kg (bottle sizes are probably incorrect, it's the principle I'm getting at), and Tesco have a few juices, any 3 for £3, including at least one which is eighty-something pence on its own.

BarnsleyBrewer said:
My mate says NETTO do Newky Brown beer at a £1.00 a bottle every now and then. ;)
Yes, it's a fairly regular ‘weekend special’ and nice to have a few clear bottles occasionally (stored in the dark). Shame about the contents, not what it was.

Incidentally, Morrison's currently have a Kingstone Press cider, £1 a bottle, 660ml, 5.3% abv.
It's not a bad drink and the bottles are only just short of wine bottle sizes, just about perfect for Wurzels, for which I'm quite happy to use crown caps.

[/quote]
My mate say's NETTO do Newky Brown beer at a £1.00 a bottle every now and then. ;)[/quote]

You nearly had me excited then BB thought that was going to say Newquay Steam Bitter. Used to drink that in my local in the early 90s nice drink and in a swing top pint bottle (wonder if its still available :wha:)
)

Back