Thinking about a micro brewery so advice needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Englishmans Fox

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm hopefully opening a micro brewery soon after plenty of practice. I'm thinking about controlling my boil kettle and strike water using some kind of electric induction plate with a thermostat to keep the temp as accurate as I can. I also want to look into protein rests for my mash tun. I feel that you have better control over temperature with electricity rather gas. What are other peoples views and experiences with both. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and please bear in mind that I hope to produce a decent quantity of quality beer

I think if u go down the induction hot plate route you may find you need to invest heavily in premium large magnetic SS pots which are suitable. And i think there may be a bit more to switching the live load to an induction plate by a controller as they utilise some logic to power internally if im on the right page (no guarantee of that im no sparky)

And for a nominal cost in comparison u can buy top notch SS LWD brewing elements which when powered via a suitable resistance controlled SSR can provide much better power control.

what volume vessels are you looking at?

Latest posts

Back