dead

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....our last guinea pig. .had loads over the years for the kids but the last one has gone.
What has this got to do with beer brewing you may ask. ..
I get the garage 😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈
The green light to. ...dump all the ****. ..get some work benches and storage and fv and conditioning fridges. ..and some big pots!
My project for the new year. ..

Cheers

Clint

Nice one. We are house hunting at the moment, and brewing space is a deal-breaker for me. I'm dreaming about wrangling the mortgage a bit, get a bit of spare cash for a brew fridge and a brew pi, definitely a grain mill, perhaps a grain-father, brewmaster bucket, a few cornies and a kegarator. Of course, SWMBO hasn't heard any of this yet. I've got to pitch it right, otherwise I'd be lucky if I end up with some shelving hahaha.

Died of old age..it was 8/10 years old, had indoor /garage and outdoor hutch,garage was heated (wife's idea!) during very cold weather and they were all very well fed! We had up to 8 at one time and they all lived for years...except the one that one of my terriers had..kids left the hutch open!

Cheers

Clint

What did your GP die from if I may ask🐹

Sent from my ALE-L21

I'm sure it wasn't alcoholic poisioning :twisted:

Father built a fermentation shed, thermally cavity filled, silver marathon blankets over windows/walls and insulating foam around shed, running water and central heating to maintain temp's. Didn't help him one jot in making the perfect dark, but the years have moved on and things are different I'm sure you'll acheive the dream brew :drink:

I just ask as my youngest had a Syrian hamster that past away after 2 years which was to be expected.Really small and but a crabit wee thing.Went next day and replaced with a Russian one which is bigger.The wife went berserk as it looked like a massive mouse and banished it to the garage but has come round so it's back in the utility room.Poor wee lad was heartbroken but happy again...

Sent from my ALE-L21

We've had rabbits too a few years ago...dug bloody burrows all over and sent the old jack Russel into a frenzy! They weren't replaced! Just got the 4 cats and 3 dogs now...plenty of negotiating room there!

Cheers

Clint

My condolences and congratulations.

I am very jealous. Im in a one bed flat with my misses so not the most amount of space. Looking to move next year to a 2 bed for my things.... Haha

At the moment I've made the perfect argument that if she can have every kitchen utensils under the sun then I can brew as much beer as I like. Although the multitude of airlocks bubbling around the house is starting to grate on the nerves a little

Hi!
My son had a fancy rat many years ago - such an affectionate thing; it used to sit on my shoulder as I was watching TV.
However, my fond memories of that fine creature didn't stop me exterminating with intense glee the three rats that got into my brew shed last year and ruined four bags of DME, a bag of carbonation drops, a litre of red grape juice (that went everywhere) and the flavouring sachets of several wine kits.

That's a good innings for a Guinea, ours only seemed to make it to 3 or 4 when we were kids. Noises have been made at home about some sort of pet for our two, maybe next spring / summer.

We still have 3 rabbits.Kept in a large garden shed and were supposed to be Dwarf lop eared rabbits.They are that big now the cats don't bother them and never have to mow the lawn🐇

Sent from my ALE-L21

Sorry for the loss, but also pretty good gain. I think in the guinea pig's memory the first beer brewed in your new brewery should be named after it.

Latest posts

Back