Newby say hello and want to start micro brewery in france

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackal

Reaction score
Newby say hello and want to start micro brewery in france

Hi we have a mad idea to start a microbrewin g business in france as we are already brewing using only organic ingradients which we grow here. The only thing is that we don't know what the legal requirements here would be regarding brewing for sale. We have over 1200 english here which we could use as our taste dummies and potential buyers.

Cheers

jackal

Bon jour Jackal ca va??

Welcome to the forum...can't help with the legal side for a micro brewery in France....

but when it comes to brewing it's all here

Hi Jackal :drink:

How's your French speaking going? I was under the impression that a LOT of things in France go through the local town council / mayor :hmm:

In short, ask the local guys in office :thumb:

To be fair, I don't even know what the rules here are, but I guess the first stop would be Customs and Excise - is there an equivalent in France??

Very best of luck with your venture :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers

I will contact our Marie but sadly my french is a little poor but we are learning fast

Jackal

Good to meet you Jackal, once again, can't help with the legalities... but you'll have some very lucky tasters there!
:cheers:

Welcome to the Forum, I take my hat off to you.
Isn't France littered with micro vinyards, could you not seek info there?

I went to Les Trois Brasseurs in Lille and they held themselves out as microbrewers but their website seems to suggest they have 26 sites. Thought you could tap the locals for advice.

Isn't most beer on the continent either bottle conditioned or kegged? Isn't kegging equipment vastly expensive, being delivered under pressure and requiring filtration?

Great advice Ill contact the small vineyards in my area and thanks for the translation help.

cheers :drunk:

Latest posts

Back