Best Bulldog kit.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rico1973

Reaction score
Hi all which is the best tasting kit please. Don't mind the style other than larger or Mexican :)

Sorry, this may or may not be any help but not sure Bulldog kits get the best reviews.
I know for a fact the Youngs American Kits and the Festival kits are super.
Good luck whatever 👍

I like the 4 Finger Jack (American Pale Ale) and have made it 3 times.

I think this kit stands up to the Youngs IPA, APA and RIA in terms of quality and hoppiness. I also like the Festival Razorback IPA and Golden Stag which are similar in style

Thanks all my local brew store have them on offer buy one get the other half price :smile::mrgreen:

I have done the Pale Ale a few times in the past & they where fine, you could look to beef the kits up with extra DME and hops or try to pick up the kits whilst on offer (and bang 2 kits + yeast and extra hops (dry hop)) fot a hefty pale if I recall correctly they are quite dark to begin with.

I don't do kits anymore...except for BullDogs Strawberry Pale Ale, nothing like it...tried to make an all grain strawberry pale ale, only batch I ever binned...

Have done the evil dog IPA, in truth don't particularly enjoy it, but will finish it. to me it tastes sweet and has an alcohol taste, which isn't conditioning out. have the bad cat on the shelf to brew and my experience with the evil dog is putting me off giving it a go. Doesn't make sense to me to dry hop a very strong brew that will need time to condition when the hop flavour fades.

just my 2p worth

Cheers all had a change of heart for the money I was spending on 2 kits plus a little extra :whistle: got a custom kit plus a Festival Landlords Finest Bitter few items :grin:

Latest posts

Back