Weather update

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been raining / sleeting here all day in Norwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thought you was going to say 1965.... Nuthing here in South Yorks except a few flakes in the wind. Been watching the radar and the northern extent must have stalled 5 miles from here... gutted cos I love snow. But! The same radar shows a great chunk turning back on itself on the east coast and heading straight for us. Looking good so long as it doesn't fizzle out en route.

A work colleague has a good 7 inches of snow. He's not getting into work tomorrow. oops i forgot he can remotely connect in - lol :lol:

Still nothing here but i wont be moving the car anytime soon its frozen solid, don't you just hate modern flimsy car door handles you cannot give the door a good yank like you used to in the days when they had proper handles.

.......... don't you just hate modern flimsy car door handles you cannot give the door a good yank like you used to in the days when they had proper handles.

Brought back the memory of a fellow policeman who handcuffed a rather violent man to the door-handle of a car while he mobilised an ambulance for the man's victim.

Describing the incident he said "The ambulance arrived just as the man I had arrested started to attack me with the car door that was still chained to his wrist!"

Happy Days! :thumb: :thumb:

PS

Still no snow in Skegness!

Had a few inches over the last few days but with temps in the minus range at night and thawing during the day has proved treacherous.
Had parked the car so as the missus could get out of the driveway without issue as there is a speed ramp literally at the top but received a phonecall for help as she couldn't make it up the brae as it was completely iced over so got dressed to go and help.In the meantime a courteous gentleman had put down some grit to help and by the time I got where she had been I get a call to say it was ok.
Happy days I thought until I got 50 yards down towards the house and went whoops a daisy and again nearer home.
Tail bone is sore still and that was 8.20am.
Seriously bad conditions and sleet and rain forecast today with temps to drop to -5 tonight so not looking forward to that.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Had a few inches over the last few days but with temps in the minus range at night and thawing during the day has proved treacherous.
Had parked the car so as the missus could get out of the driveway without issue as there is a speed ramp literally at the top but received a phonecall for help as she couldn't make it up the brae as it was completely iced over so got dressed to go and help.In the meantime a courteous gentleman had put down some grit to help and by the time I got where she had been I get a call to say it was ok.
Happy days I thought until I got 50 yards down towards the house and went whoops a daisy and again nearer home.
Tail bone is sore still and that was 8.20am.
Seriously bad conditions and sleet and rain forecast today with temps to drop to -5 tonight so not looking forward to that.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Hard to "Like" a Post so full of woe!

You probably hurt yourself due to being sober. :thumb:

Minus 6 this morning taking the kids to school but alas no white stuff gutted!!

Woohoo! Just got the text, tomorrow is another snow day off school for me, I imagine most of south birmingham will be the same. Just need a good hard freeze overnight and the forecast to make a slight downturn and this could turn into a free week's holiday.

Woohoo! Just got the text, tomorrow is another snow day off school for me, I imagine most of south birmingham will be the same. Just need a good hard freeze overnight and the forecast to make a slight downturn and this could turn into a free week's holiday.

I feel sorry for the parents! :lol::lol:

I was stood with a neighbour looking out of her window when our kids came skipping up the street at the very start of their Summer Holidays.

In line with tradition they were coming home early and a very doleful Maureen commented "You'd think that on the last day those sodding teachers could keep them until the last minute."

I had to agree with her, but I've often wondered what my own parents thought when they saw me skipping down the road at the start of a school holiday. :whistle:

Whaat?? You get paid as well??? Right, where do I sign up?

This is priceless!! Blocked roads? Read on. It's all YOUR fault!

Highways England claimed a lack of cars was the issue, surprisingly. It said eight gritters had been continually patrolling the road, but there was too little traffic to adequately spread rock salt across the carriageway.

"There was a lot of snow, and the action of the salt relies on traffic. It was a Sunday and the emergency services were telling people to not drive, so there were not enough cars for it to be effective," a spokesperson told the Guardian.

I defy anyone to make up a better excuse! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dutto- didn't the trains once stop cos the clouds had the sheer audacity to deposit the wrong type of snow on the tracks?

Whaat?? You get paid as well??? Right, where do I sign up?

It's not all glamour you know. I have to teach for 21 hours a week. Well, most weeks. Also it's a pain in the backside when you finish work at half past three every day, driving home in the thick of the school run traffic can be very stressful. You never run out of biros at home though, so it does have something going for it.

It's not all glamour you know. I have to teach for 21 hours a week. Well, most weeks. Also it's a pain in the backside when you finish work at half past three every day, driving home in the thick of the school run traffic can be very stressful. You never run out of biros at home though, so it does have something going for it.
:cry:My heart bleeds:cry:

Up to a foot of snow in the higher parts of wrexham..freezing hard now. Still managed to get to work though...quite a few didn't! Anyway..block over one more to do then finished for Xmas. Shopping bottling and brewing to attend to....

Bit worse now, been snowing for hours this afternoon. Wondering how I gonna get to work in 9 hours time.

20171210_162605_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Back