I hate "Craft Beer"

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For instance (and this beer may be the best in the world, I don't know and haven't tried it), I saw one the other day called 'F*ck me, the Christmas tree is on fire'. :hmm:Now, if this beer has spruce tips in it then the name is sort of appropriate but...

I tried this beer last year. It was rubbish. No spruce tips just the taste of burnt wort.

I don't pay more than £2 a can in the supermarket, but how else can you find out how the different styles and hops taste? Otherwise I have to chance making a 23 litre batch up I don't like. I actually did this with saison but I know I like the yeasty flavours of Belgium and wheat beers so I gave it a punt.
If I buy beer in the supermarket, I get more satisfaction from a flavoursome can of craft beer than a 500 ml bottle of regular ale. For me it's worth paying a bit extra, in fact I very rarely buy bottles of ale these days, they just don't hit the spot. Even half decent ones like Shipyard Rye or Ghost Ship.

true story alert:

A brewery I have connections to inadvertently fermented a regular brew they do with the wrong yeast and other ingrediants because no one had bothered to check that what they ordered from the supplier was actually what was delivered :lol:

"I know" said the sole person in charge of marketing. - "lets call it a limited edition version." And thus was the cock-up sold onto the unsuspecting general public :whistle:

I kind of cottoned on to this sort of thing in the 80's.

**** no one's buying our cars.....

I know stick a stripe on the side bung some front fog lights on and call it the xxxxx sport. - One sucker born every day!

I don't pay more than �£2 a can in the supermarket, but how else can you find out how the different styles and hops taste? Otherwise I have to chance making a 23 litre batch up I don't like. I actually did this with saison but I know I like the yeasty flavours of Belgium and wheat beers so I gave it a punt.
If I buy beer in the supermarket, I get more satisfaction from a flavoursome can of craft beer than a 500 ml bottle of regular ale. For me it's worth paying a bit extra, in fact I very rarely buy bottles of ale these days, they just don't hit the spot. Even half decent ones like Shipyard Rye or Ghost Ship.

agreed, you may need to spend more that you feel comfortable with to try different styles. if you like what you taste most of the time you can brew something better.

most supermarket beer is sterile/dead, force carbonated,

We brew bottle conditioned keg, cornied live beer. if you filter out ALL the yeast you are going to lose flavour.

Latest posts

Back