So that's it then, time to talk to SWMBO!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"Get Me Out Of Here!" finished the other day and "Strictly Come Dancing" finishes tonight so SWMBO will want to "discuss things" AGAIN. (We talked only last September for God's sake!) :doh:

Will she want to know the OG of the latest brew? Will she want to know how the Golden Pumpkin Ale is getting on? Of course not! :doh: :doh:

The only good news on the horizon is that "Dancing on Ice" is due to arrive in January next year!

"Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" to all married men ...

... except the numbnuts who control the TV schedules! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

There's been detectorists and starting on the 18th a 3 episode special of the league of Gentlemen. .that blue planet thing...lots of Xmas cooking on TV. .

There's been detectorists and starting on the 18th a 3 episode special of the league of Gentlemen. .that blue planet thing...lots of Xmas cooking on TV. .

The detectorists is so clever, subtle and very well written. I can't wait for the league of gentleman return. I'm just watching the 1st 3 series on netflix.

Surely the Christmas specials give you some breathing space?!

Yes, right up until a cartoon clashes with a soap!

I love all cartoons; old, new, Japanese with sub-titles, I love the lot!

"Not Shrek again!" and as SWMBO has only watched ONE of them the sight of a green ogre or a zebra or a donkey or a Cinderella gets the same treatment! :doh:

I know it's a childish pastime but I even have to explain The Simpsons!

Not to worry. In 90 minutes time I put on the earphones, change sites on this machine and watch The Texans (who will probably get beaten yet again) play the Jacksonville Jaguars! :lol: :lol:

Wanna bet how long it will take for SWMBO to ask a question? :whistle: :whistle:

What's the saying? "Can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em!"?? :lol: :lol:

I don't get 'costume dramas' :-|

Unless it's something like Dick Turpin.

Dick's robbing a coach and shouts to the passengers ...

"Everyone out! I'm going to rape the men and rob the women!"

The passengers and the coach driver all look at each other and the driver says 'I think you got that a bit wrong Dick." ...

... then a small voice at the back shouts "You leave Dick alone. He knows what he's doing!"

It's a useful phrase to bear in mind at work and mutter to yourself when someone reports that they have just screwed something up big time. :lol:

Just a heads up for the married men.

“Dancing on Ice” finishes this weekend so we may have to talk to our wives, again! :wave:

Roll on those long summer evenings when we can sit outside with a brew and there’s nowt on TV!:thumb:

Just a heads up for the married men.

“Dancing on Ice” finishes this weekend so we may have to talk to our wives, again! :wave:

Roll on those long summer evenings when we can sit outside with a brew and there’s nowt on TV!:thumb:

Sorry to quote myself but "Mea Culpa" I was misinformed and this evening was only the Semi-Final of "Dancing on Ice" and there's another one next weekend!

You may like to know that the annual "World Track Cycling Championships" happens every twelve months, whereas "Dancing on Ice" is only on once a year; so I missed the last day!

However, I've already called "bagsy" on the TV in the living room for the full three weeks of the Tour de France in July!:thumb:

Please accept my apologies over the mistake! :UKflag:

Fair play mate,watching 3 weeks of doped up prat’s in Lycra is a good way of getting her back

Doped up or not, I still think that watching the peloton catch up with a breakaway group is fascinating stuff; and there's always the chance that they miss out and a complete outsider manages to win.

TBH I doubt that nowadays any top-flight athlete in any sport isn't taking at least one of the thousands of substances currently available or carrying out other performance enhancing activities such blood replacement.

At the recent Winter Olympics a Medal Winner in Curling had his Medal taken away due to failing a drugs test. Curling? The only drug that I could think of was Benzedrine, or any other substance that would keep you awake! :wave:

If it can happen in Curling then believe me, no sport will be spared! :thumb:

Doped up or not, I still think that watching the peloton catch up with a breakaway group is fascinating stuff; and there's always the chance that they miss out and a complete outsider manages to win.

TBH I doubt that nowadays any top-flight athlete in any sport isn't taking at least one of the thousands of substances currently available or carrying out other performance enhancing activities such blood replacement.

At the recent Winter Olympics a Medal Winner in Curling had his Medal taken away due to failing a drugs test. Curling? The only drug that I could think of was Benzedrine, or any other substance that would keep you awake! :wave:

If it can happen in Curling then believe me, no sport will be spared! :thumb:
Yeah,jumping in a 1 man sledge and lying down just cracks me up

Back