Dry Hopping a Wherry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebarnsleybrewer

Reaction score
The Woodsfordes Wherry is a favorite kit of mine, as it is a lot of you fellow brewers. However, i thought i would change things up a little this time with a dry hop. I have purchased some progress hops but as i have never done this before i was wondering how many grams to add in. I have bought 100g. but surely i dont need to add all them do I? I'm going for more of a mild taste and aroma rather than knock your nose off hop flavour.

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

suggest 5-10 gramms and leave for 6 days or so, the more you dry hop the bigger the nose and better the head, however leave them in too long and you will get grassy tastes coming through

good luck let us all know how it turns out !

I dryhopped a Coopers IPA with 20-30g of Amarillo for 1 week,it was super to drink after 10-14 days but over the next few weeks it faded rapidly,ive since stopped using leaf hops and started using pellets like the top end kits as i feel it gets into the wort better,good luck and enjoy.

I added Saaz hops to my last wherry. Wanted to make hop tea with 35g and with the slip of a hand in goes the whole packet (70g)... Gonna bottle it over the weekend, but pretty sure its gonna be the hoppiest wherry I made hehe

I've dry hopped with 30g of EKG. It was my first Wherry so no comparison but tastes good!

Back