Recipe suggestion ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengumbo

Reaction score
Hi all - I've got a robust porter on the go and an AIPA bottled. I am fairly new to this and want to try some different styles. I also fancy a go at all grain.

This is my current inventory of leftovers and bits and bobs.
Crystal Malt, Pale, chocolate, black, LME, DME, Northern brewer, citra and chinook hops.

Any suggestions ? I'm happy to buy some other ingredients if someone reckons I need it.

Thanks !

Aye should have mentioned that ! I am only doing small 4.5 litre batches at the moment. I have 2kg pale, 450g choc, same of black and crystal(80-130). 60g citra, Chinook, and about 100g of northern b. Have 1kg LME and DME.

Citra hops are tended to be used in AIPA, If you are going for an english IPA i would use the chinook then dry hop with citra

and leave out the dark malts too, save them for an esb or maybe an english stout.

If you are going to buy anything else suggest some marris otter grain and brewing sugar to double up with the LME.

I have bought some marris otter and will be doing an english IPA this weekend.

Why not give a BIPA a go? Maybe a bit of Chocolate malt thrown in there could provide an interesting twist alongside the Chinook*

*I take no responsibility for this beer recipe suggestion and as a result tasting like the inside of Mo Farah's running shoe.

Tried the brew dog libertine black yesterday and quite liked the style so might give a bipa a try.

Back