Novice from north wales!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingalings

Reaction score
Hello , I've helped with a brew kit before and went very wrong. Now doing my own kit, using Peters IPA .

I will be putting in finings today then bottling tomorrow, which is a new thing as last time I put it in keg.
Am I right putting half teaspoon of brewing sugar in the bottle then adding the brew ? Also any tips on making a holder for racking cane?

Yes - 2.5mg sugar in 500ml of brew will be enough. Avoid over doing it, you don't want to make bottle bombs. Also, make sure fermentation has finished before bottling ( ( unlike my first time) as fermentation might continue in the bottle.

'I've never made a bottling holder.

Good luck :thumb:

Hello , I've helped with a brew kit before and went very wrong. Now doing my own kit, using Peters IPA .

I will be putting in finings today then bottling tomorrow, which is a new thing as last time I put it in keg.
Am I right putting half teaspoon of brewing sugar in the bottle then adding the brew ? Also any tips on making a holder for racking cane?
Make sure its nearly clear before you put it into your bottles That will ensure its properly finshed fermenting and will minimise yeast going forward. I usually leave mine 16-18 days or longer in the FV.
Next you don't need finings. Gravity and time will give you clear beer. If you use finings you can get clumps of yeasty bits in your beer which is the opposite of what you want.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Also any tips on making a holder for racking cane?

Do you mean something like this -

£2:37 (free postage) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Syphon-Tu...787569?hash=item35ea09f431:g:P14AAOSw5HJXKwke

images

317H-XDgf%2BL.jpg

Cos I'm a cheapskate my 'holder' consists of two plastic clothes pegs with holes drilled in them through which are threaded two plastic covered wire twists one above the other, which keeps the pegs together. In use clothes pegs clipped to the rim of the FV, inner part of the twists twisted round the tube. Works a treat. :thumb:

Thanks for advice guys . I saw a holder but that's a good price so I'll get that one I think . Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back