Citra and Motueka NEIPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sozzled

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After a bit of advice for making a Citra and Motueka NEIPA

The recipie I have so far is

4.7 KG - Golden Promise
370g - Wheat Malt
400g - Flaked Oats

10g Citra - 70 min
10g Citra - 10 min
10g Motueka - 10 min

40g Citra and 40g Motueka - Whirlpool

50g Motueka - 4 day dry hop
40g Citra - 4 day dry hop

Do you guys think that this will meet the NEIPA style? Should I add or remove anything to this?

Thanks Muchly!

Ta, so the grain bill looks ok?

I guess the extra hops would be in the dry hop.

this is the last one I did, although it didn't turn out great but its a separate issue that I'm struggling with at the moment/

neipa.png

It looks fine.

As with any recipe you're doing for the first time, treat it as experimental. Stick with the hop schedule you've got, worst case the beer turns out great and you think "Could handle more hops!" Vs "I messed up XYZ and wasted 0.5kg of hops in the process".

But then again, I'm a chicken and treat most things over cautiously!

I think major influencers for this style you've not mentioned are yeast, and chloride:sulphate ratio. Did you plan for these yet?

It looks fine.

As with any recipe you're doing for the first time, treat it as experimental. Stick with the hop schedule you've got, worst case the beer turns out great and you think "Could handle more hops!" Vs "I messed up XYZ and wasted 0.5kg of hops in the process".

But then again, I'm a chicken and treat most things over cautiously!

I think major influencers for this style you've not mentioned are yeast, and chloride:sulphate ratio. Did you plan for these yet?

I was gonna go with the good ol' Vermont Ale yeast. Water profiling is still a little confusing for me, even with the help of the forum sticky. I'm trying to build a profile with Bru'n'Water but might just stick with Ashbeck for now.

Don't suppose anyone has any clue on what Ashbeck would need in way of water treatment for a NEIPA?

I'm looking to try my first NE IPA, seems the most important thing IS the yeast, also tempted with the Vermont Ale yeast as well after some research.....
obviously lots of hops are required but the yeast adds the extra magic and I believe the juicy haze that NE IPAs usually have.

Keep us informed, be interested on your progress as I won't do mine until the New Year :thumb:

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/496149/new-england-ipa-wedding-2017

My recipe.Its amazing I promise you.
Use this yeast https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=598

Avoid oxygen at all levels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2f9hCgdgcg

Brewed 23rd Nov, pulled 1st pint tonight.
Super hazy and fresh

I just copied that to my Brewers Friend recipes.
My wife tried a West Coast IPA the other day and she said it's her perfect beer. I have wanted to brew one for a while but I wanted to get consistent with my technique before I invest so many hops in one beer.
I think she'll like this one although I don't like the berry flavours in mosaic so I will swap that with something else.

Back