Bulldog evil dog double American IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLGMIlson

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this kit
Looks good but I’m a little concerned it might be a bit too much.
Don’t want to make 40 bottles of something that’s akin to kestrel super lager !!!!
I drink bishops farewell which at 4.6 is decent , green devil is a mad one for me so an American IPA at max of 6 percent would be good

Advice please

Thanks

I didn't like this very much. Came out very strong (as expected) but it was pretty poor in flavour and aroma.

What about the 4 finger pale ale by brew dog ?
Looks a little more sensible ?

Anyone have any experience with this kit
Looks good but I’m a little concerned it might be a bit too much.
Don’t want to make 40 bottles of something that’s akin to kestrel super lager !!!!
I drink bishops farewell which at 4.6 is decent , green devil is a mad one for me so an American IPA at max of 6 percent would be good

Advice please

Thanks

A US IPA that comes out at around 6%? You just described Youngs US IPA perfectly. Mine has been dry hopping for around 6 days now (6.1% ABV before priming) (instructions say 4, but at day 4 it wasn't hoppy enough for my liking. lol) and the trial jar sample was absolutely a delicious juicy hop party on the tongue. :thumb: One tip, if you can try to get one with a nice long BBE date, oh and whack the big pack of hops in the freezer as soon as you get the kit and keep them there until it comes time to dry hop.

Reviews thread http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45221

Another vote for the Youngs AIPA it really is a fantastic kit with a generous 100g hop pellets and 20g yeast. Even though it was my first kit and i brewed it 2 litres too long by mistake (5.7%) it was still a great pint and very similar to Punk IPA. A mate of mine had the evil dog kit which he commented only had something like 30g of hops and lacked the hop taste & aroma of the Youngs kit.

It was still a decent pint after being stored for a while but i would always go for the AIPA

The Four Finger Jack do you mean? Lovely kit that, still tasting great some 8 months after bottling

Back