Riwaka Hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
Had one of these kits for a while now and am busting a gut to brew it,the only trouble is that it reccomends you dry hopping it with the sacred Riwaka hops,so I've been mailing a NZ home brewing company to enquire about air mailing me some over to the UK.it seems they charge around �£15 to buy and mail a couple of packets.well that seems reasonable but I've asked if they will mail around half a dozen and bring the shipping a little more down, so if I proceed with an order I will offer 2/3 packets on here if anyone is interested,BTW don't kill me in the stampede

I'm well up for trying some of these mate, is £15 the best price you can get on them?

SteveJ recently bought some and you can buy up to 4 packets. He kindly sent me one.

You could save money by using Motueka hops instead, they are quite similar NZ hops, but not as potent as Riwaka. Both were bred from Saaz and a NZ native hop. You can buy Motueka from UK sellers.

Just googled and pellets are £4.5 and leaf £5.00 respectively for motueka in the UK, so worth paying the extra 2/3 quid for the real McCoy, I'll wait see what e mail I get back from NZ

I'd be interested in a pack too, thanks. Pm me if you go for it. If you don't let us know

Tbh i can not see any hop replacing Riwaka, so far out of all the hops i have used nothing has tasted anything like it its quite unique imo:thumb:

Just checked it cost me �£23.10 for 4 packets

Tbh i can not see any hop replacing Riwaka, so far out of all the hops i have used nothing has tasted anything like it its quite unique imo:thumb:

Just checked it cost me ��£23.10 for 4 packets

Are you gettin used to it Steve?!

If I can't get the shipping down I may just double up on the kit and brew it without any further fermentables to a volume of 6 gallon which would work out at around 58P a pint which ain't that bad

If I can't get the shipping down I may just double up on the kit and brew it without any further fermentables to a volume of 6 gallon which would work out at around 58P a pint which ain't that bad

Dont go for the tracked shipping option i didnt and they still sent the tracking link:thumb:

What's the cost of shipping v hops? How does it break down? If they're as good as Steve reckons I'll chip in a bit more or get them me self and divvy them out.

How come these are no longer available in the UK? I still have a couple of packs I bought in 2013 bofore taking a break from brewing.

Wonder what condition they are in now. I'll probably still use them. See what they are like when I open the pack. I've also got about 20 packs of Nelson sauvin I panic bought at the same time.

How come these are no longer available in the UK? I still have a couple of packs I bought in 2013 bofore taking a break from brewing.

Wonder what condition they are in now. I'll probably still use them. See what they are like when I open the pack. I've also got about 20 packs of Nelson sauvin I panic bought at the same time.

Unopened should be fine. Bet you could flog the Nelson.

I'm sure I can work my way through it. Just got to stop buying other hops.

Guess I should really do a Riwaka/Nelson NZIPA soon. Been wanting to brew something with 100% Vienna as I read this will give a nice orange colour. Never used it.

I'm sure I can work my way through it. Just got to stop buying other hops.

Guess I should really do a Riwaka/Nelson NZIPA soon. Been wanting to brew something with 100% Vienna as I read this will give a nice orange colour. Never used it.

I wouldn't want to plough through 20 packs of the same hop. Why not sell, or swap some with local people?

Back