Brew by James Morton

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made his Extra IPA, which was beautiful. I've done his saison, which I added brett to and bottled in champagne bottles a few months ago. I'm waiting for a nice hot evening to crack one open. I've done his belgian dubbel too, which I think got infected :( But I'm going to make his tripel at some point too.

I want to try the Mad Boris Imperial Stout too. Maybe one for the winter.

I've just got his Saison in the FV - Just about the try out my new fishtank heater after a couple of days in there and crank it up slowly to 30C and I wondered, what temperature am I meant to do the 2nd fermentation on? It doesn't say in the book. I've got Champagne yeast for it rather than Brett, but wondered what you did?

I think the champagne yeast is as a backup in case the yeast stalls, as it can do. I'm not sure it matters really, and if you leave it for long enough to make sure it fully attenuates you probably won't need it. If you do use it, I'd probably say lower the temperature, though check what the champagne yeast is rated for.

For what it's worth, with the Brett I had it around 28°C for a bit until I needed my heat belt for my primary fermenter and then I just left it to the fluctuations of my living room.

Had this book a while but not tried any of his recipes yet. Think my next couple of brews will be from here, Quafable bitter, but using Edinburgh Ale yeast which is really just a starter for Clansman Ale to be aged for Christmas. AnywoA tried these?

Latest posts

Back