Fullers Frontier

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:doh: :doh:

Find a bandwagon and there will always be someone jumping on it! :lol: :lol:

But why. Are Fullers that greedy? London Pride is a massively popular ale and deservedly so, because when kept correctly it's and exquisite pint. Do they really need to try to move into the 'craft' market when they've been producing an excellent 'craft'/real ale for years

But why. Are Fullers that greedy? .........

When they opened the aeroplane doors in any eastern country, the heat and smell would hit me as I got to the top of the steps and I always asked myself "Why are you here?" ...

... and this little voice inside my head always shouted "Greed Dutto! Pure greed!" :whistle:

When they opened the aeroplane doors in any eastern country, the heat and smell would hit me as I got to the top of the steps and I always asked myself "Why are you here?" ...

... and this little voice inside my head always shouted "Greed Dutto! Pure greed!" :whistle:

I can imagine you stepping onto the burning sand, pound signs in your eyes, rubbing your hands together and cackling manically :lol:

Its Funny that I always got the same feeling when disembarking in the may African countries I worked in Mainly Angola

For anyone who has never worked abroad, a "Moment of truth." can arrive as early as when you are in the taxi taking you from the airport to your accommodation.

You have battled your way off the plane, gone through the queue and scrutiny of Passport Control, managed to find your belongings and even got through Customs; all as part of a sweating, heaving mob.

An hour later, when you get to the front of the taxi queue, an over-enthusiastic taxi driver throws your luggage into the boot of his taxi just as you notice that the taxi has something not quite right with it. This may range from a distinct lack of bumpers to the fact that it is actually a mass of rust that just (and only just) looks like a taxi.

You know that if you refuse to get into the taxi then a) You will be seen as a total wimp, and b) There won't be another taxi available for at least another hour; so in you get.

The driver gets into the his seat and within seconds you are immediately amazed as you realise that the 'decrepit pile of painted rust' of a few seconds before is actually the fastest thing on four wheels in the whole country. Not only that, the amiable and enthusiastic taxi driver has now morphed into an insane Kamikaze pilot who regards driving a taxi as a quick way to heaven.

So, heading down the airport exit road (which is often the only decent stretch of road in the whole country) at nearly 100 miles per hour, being driven by a complete lunatic in a vehicle that should have been scrapped ten years before you realise "The steering needs adjusting and the shock absorbers have gone!" This is your "Moment of truth!"

Why do I say that?

Well, in my case, here I am over thirty years later wondering exactly why I noticed that the steering and shock absorbers on the Abu Dhabi taxi were knackered ... :lol:

... when I should have been praying for my salvation in the after-life! :whistle:

Happy Days?? :lol: :lol:

They've been doing that beer for years and years, it's the standard lager they have in their pubs.

I still rate Fullers as one of the best UK breweries. 1845, Golden Pride and ESB still blow nearly all craft beers out of the water in my opinion.

They've been doing that beer for years and years, it's the standard lager they have in their pubs.

I still rate Fullers as one of the best UK breweries. 1845, Golden Pride and ESB still blow nearly all craft beers out of the water in my opinion.

Is it really just their standard lager? I've never tried it. But I really admire their London Pride and ESB - been cloning it for a while now.
Round here, (east kent), Shepherd Neame are doing the same. Jumping on the back of their successful Spitfire brand. Spitfire, Spitfire smooth, S. Gold, S.Lager, S. Red IPA etc, etc. All of them with that unmistakeable S.N. twang - unfortunately..! :doh:

Really? I drank in the Mad Hatter (a Fullers pub) for about six months and never saw it?

I agree 1845 is a fantastic beer. I also love London Pride (when kept properly). I'm not that keen on the ESB though

They've had it in their London pubs for donkeys years.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Can't believe Fullers London Porter hasn't been mentioned. Perfection.

I was in the lamb and flag on convent garden (supposedly there was a pub on the same site centuries ago called the 'bucket of blood'. Loads of bare knuckle boxing going on) on sunday and they had Frontier in. Unfortunately I had already bought a pint of Pride before I spotted it, else I would have bought a pint to try

Back