Hello from Windsor

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petebrewer

Reaction score
I started making wine and beer a few years ago, but when work got too busy I stopped. Now I've retired so have taken up winemaking again, but still haven't brewed any beer. I'm thinking of making a beer which will keep for a few months and have developed a taste for Belgian Abbey style beer, eg Duvel and Chimay Red. I'd welcome any suggestions. I have the equipment needed for mashing etc.

Welcome to the forum Pete. Belgian Abbeys are one of my favourites too. Probably tuck into a Leffe Blonde tonight

Many thanks for the link to ebay fro crushed malts. There's quite a choice and I wouldn't have thought of looking there.
All the best, Pete

Many thanks for the link to ebay fro crushed malts. There's quite a choice and I wouldn't have thought of looking there.
All the best, Pete

It is a bit expensive though. Many of the main homebrew suppliers will crush the malt for free as an option on their websites, such as The Malt Miller, Geterbrewed and The Homebrew Company.

As an aside, I grew up down the road from Windsor, in Bray. I'm usually back once a month or so to visit friends and family if you ever want to swap a bottle.

Latest posts

Back