New cornies - Regulator question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metacomet

Reaction score
I just got my new cornies set up yesterday, which are already so much better than bottling. I had time after work last night to set it all up and package two batches of beer. This would have taken me days if I wanted to bottle it all.

But one thing surprised me last night. After I had put my beer in the kegs and pressurised them, I disconnected the gas. One; so I could move it all to my basement (my kegerator fridge is still in use with groceries in the kitchen) and two because I'm still being a bit over cautious about leaks despite checking it all thoroughly (found one and fixed it).
I left the CO2 tank disconnected from the keg, released all the pressure from the regulator and went to the other room...I definitely wasn't sampling my under carbed beer :whistle:
A few minutes later I heard a hiss, and when I checked, the pressure release valve on the regulator had vented. Double checked it was all turned off, released the pressure again, but it happened again a few minutes later.
Is this normal? It only happened a couple of times but it did surprised me.

What is the correct way/order to disconnect & re-connect the gas lines?

Latest posts

Back