Gloucester Rugby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slid

Forum Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
An amazing performance from the least predictable team in the Premiership.

Somehow beating the best team in Europe, despite losing the fist half by about 83 metres to 17.

Also, impressed by the ever expanding skills of Billy "no-look" Twelvetrees. Once this guy was the emerging centre in World rugby and was a shoo-in for a Lions starting place.

The first half saw Billy performing not only the multiple instances of the "no-look" pass, but also the "no-look" catch and even the "no-look" tackle. Rounded off by the "no-look" goal kick. Absolutely immense.

Not as immense, though as the Gloucester second half performance, in which Billy, to be fair, was one of the stand out performers amongst stand out performances.

Great result from the Cherry and Whites.

Can I ask Slid why you care about Gloucester? I think you've posted before about them.
Your location says Bolton.

Many years ago I used to watch Bristol, but they've gone to the dark side now.

Great result by Gloucester, I remember Billy TT when he emerged at Tigers (we called him 36 twelve trees) he can be really flakey though. But a huge boot on him.. Billy burns little cross field chip for the try was great.

I am no fan of sarries at all but they do suffer badly with the international break and being a Tigers fan where we have had many periods and even one now actually I can empathise with the effect this has.

Compare that to the showing at Leicester a couple of months ago, you’re right with most unpredictable team in the league.

I haven't managed to catch a game yet this season though I note the Quins seem to be doing alright in my absence!

Heading back to Reading to watch the Australia game with my dad this afternoon, though. Hopefully we can get a decent result there.

Yay, I'm a born n' bred Gloucester boy - I live outside the city now but my daughter goes to school a short distance from the Rugby ground so I go past it most days.

I didn't go to the match last night, in fact I haven't been for a few years - it was something me and my dad did when he was still alive and I lived withing walking distance of the ground, along with a few pints on the way back. First went to the ground in the 70s, Gloucester is a real rugby city - I played when at school and even had a coaching session with an All Black :-o

I am a little disappointed Jones Sent Ellis Genge back to Tigers, He is a real threat and a really punches holes in defences.. But he is young and we have plenty of stocks at Loose head.. Its the other Tigers prop I worry about Cole, Tight head depth isn't as great and for that reason I think Cole is looking a little past his best.. I feel part of that is he gets played for 80 too often for the exact reason the cover isn't as good..

England need some more power and go forward from the pack to disrupt Australia I feel.. Back row has to be sharper and quicker at the breakdown.. THe BR has good players but I am not sure about the balance..

Argentina, France wales and Ireland all throttled the life out of the game and ENgland struggled to switch it up Even though Ireland was their only defeat..

Can I ask Slid why you care about Gloucester? I think you've posted before about them.
Your location says Bolton.

Many years ago I used to watch Bristol, but they've gone to the dark side now.

Sorry, didn't see your reply. Gloucester are fascinating as they can lose any rugby game, however far ahead, can be brilliant one week at home and then hopeless away the next week. :lol:

This Friday sees them away to Newcastle. Chances are Newcastle will win with a bonus point and Gloucester will get zip.

Sorry, didn't see your reply. Gloucester are fascinating as they can lose any rugby game, however far ahead, can be brilliant one week at home and then hopeless away the next week. :lol:

This Friday sees them away to Newcastle. Chances are Newcastle will win with a bonus point and Gloucester will get zip.

This surely exemplifies the Gloucester tedious predictability.

Slid predicts for the Prem:

Newcastle 5 points, Gloucester Nil

Final score Newcastle Falcons 7 Gloucester Rugby 29

So in the English Premiership

Newcastle Nil Gloucester 5

Perhaps this is why I find them so fascinating.

This surely exemplifies the Gloucester tedious predictability.

Slid predicts for the Prem:

Newcastle 5 points, Gloucester Nil

Final score Newcastle Falcons 7 Gloucester Rugby 29

So in the English Premiership

Newcastle Nil Gloucester 5

Perhaps this is why I find them so fascinating.

I think Newcastle's great start was a little overrated, they played easy teams and home games which they should have won.. their last few games against Glaws Wasps and Tigers at home they have come unstuck.

I really do not know what to make of this Gloucester

Years ago they were consistently pretty good but massive chokers in the business end.

Scotland beat the Australians 53-24 today.:thumb:

Just so long ago that I last felt such real pride in where I was born.

No more whinging - just doing.

And a wee lad (all things being relative) called "Hamish" the star of the show.

Latest posts

Back