First AG Brew Day!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyBlue

Reaction score
First ever AG Brew day using a Mibrewery by Beertorrent all in one system. Easy to set up, seems to be a good quality build (admittedly I have nothing to compare it against) and very easy to programme.

Made an IPA with an OG of 1074, FG should be in the region of 1010 so hopefully not a bad start!!

Wort looked clear and smelled delicious!! Chilled down in 20 minutes with the immersion chiller. Added dried yeast as I’m unsure how to rehydrate it so hope that should still work.

Cleaning took me a while so keen to learn any tips on how to do it quicker.

Overall, a very good day and I just hope when the wife gets home from a weekend away she will like the new smell in the house!!!

We now await the results....both of the beer and the wife’s return!!

Cheers

Andy

Congrats on your first AG brewday!

When I brewed on Thursday my wife's exact words were 'the house really smells'. She didn't appreciate the response 'you're welcome'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done on your first AG brew day :thumb:. I saw the Beer Torrent demonstrated at the Home Brew festival and it looked a nice bit of kit.

Sprinkling the dried yeast on the top is fine, just wait about 30 mins before stirring to stop is going into lumps.

Cleaning always seems to take forever but it very much worth the time spent. After cleaning I make sure it is all fully dry (including inside taps etc) before packing away.

Congrats! Ah yes the smell...reminds me when I was a kid going into town and the whole town smelled like breweries....that's when wrexham had a couple of breweries still operating...

Cleaning took me a while so keen to learn any tips on how to do it quicker.

............ I just hope when the wife gets home from a weekend away she will like the new smell in the house!!!

How to speed up the cleaning? Easy! Brew when your wife is at home and let her do it. :whistle:

Will she like the new smell? I very much doubt it but, whatever you do, DO NOT spray the house to try and remove it. All you will do is raise suspicions that someone with an overpowering scent has been visiting whilst she was away! :lol: :lol:

BTW, you had better start planning your next brew because the sooner you reach Critical Mass the better. :thumb: :thumb:

Latest posts

Back