Anyone up for a secret-santa type swap for crimbo?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are Royal Mail’s rules for posting beer? They asked me at the Pist Office if it was alcohol. I said it was fruit cordial.

*ha ha ‘Pist Office’ Freudian slip.

Beer is not (in theory) restricted at all, you just have to take responsibility for the packaging. I posted mine today and the lady suggested I send it first class so she didn't open it and drink it. So some post office people like banter! Others have had issues in the past though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There a list of banned items. Beer isn't on it. Alcohol over 70% isn't allowed though

They will have the list at the post office.

I used to lie and say it was an ornament I was sending. Nowadays, I'm just honest [emoji106][emoji318][emoji106]

What are Royal Mail’s rules for posting beer? They asked me at the Pist Office if it was alcohol. I said it was fruit cordial.

Beer is fine.They got picky at my main post office some weeks ago and told me no.Had a massive row,went back a day later and had no problem.Posted my secret santa and there was some consternation as to wether i could send it,after plenty of hum and hah by the staff it went ok.:twisted:
Don't let em fob you off

I checked the Royal Mail website (maybe I should have done that before posting my beer :whistle:)
It's as many folks have said: beer is restricted, but not prohibited.
Just got to package and label it correctly:

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 22.00.37.png

Just a little reminder to all swappers, if you haven't posted yet please try to do so by the end of the week. That'll make sure your bottle arrives in time and with a few days to settle before the tasting period. Cheers :hat:

Posted today sorry it's so late, hopefully it'll arrive in time for Christmas!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

agreed it's soo.... annoying. no i'm posting a portable thermonuclear device sent to me from that mad guy in north korea.

TBF they need to know if it's flammable. so most beers are ok, although one or two of my brews might be borderline :lol:

Just dropped my two off. Sadly wasn't able to get there any sooner.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back