A funny thing happened on the way to the forum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3815

Reaction score
So there I was having a minor op at the local surgery when my doctor started to talk about homebrew and that his alter ego #RokDoc could often be found on the Homebrew Forum. So being a long-time advocate of the medicinal benefits of homebrew I thought I’d take a look myself.

I’m a long-time home brewer but wouldn’t consider myself adventurous, usually working from kits and limiting experimentation to yeast types and fermentation time. I’ve never really got into mashing, mainly due to my better half not being able to abide the smell, and the fact that I took over most of her kitchen :nono: .

Recommendations for odour free mashing appreciated, along with ways for making the most of kits, the next in line being a Woodford’s, Nelson’s Revenge.

Good to meet you – thanks for having me…

Hi and welcome, as for your problem you could maybe try brewing in a shed or garage if available, send her out shopping, but that may be expensive or put a peg on her nose.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Thats a shame, I'm a bit confused though because mashing smells AMAZING! :party:

I could never understand the aversion the rest of the family had to me doing AG in the kitchen, lots of dramatically running around holding noses complaining about the vile smells? :wha:
Personally I think mashes and hops smell fantastic, so shut myself away in the garage with them :party:

TinMachine said:
Recommendations for odour free mashing appreciated,

No way are you ever going to get odour free. As the other guys have said it's a garage or shed for you boyo. Just think you can let your mind run riot with your own space, a brew fridge, keggerator, home bar, pole dancing girls, no hang on!! scratch the pole dancing it may be hazardous to your health. :rofl: :rofl:

Welcome TM,

Hope you survived the night.

Shed/Garage is definitely the way forward.

I'm just about to start sparging the first of two brews today.

Both MO pale malt, one using just cascade and the other just EKG, both with Safale US 05.

These combinations were recommended by the guys on the forum here.

If you want to pop over and have a look you're welcome. (ask Pip).

Cheers

RD

Thanks for all the advice - Looks like I'm clearing the garage out then. I'll be back for some recommendations on equipment once I've cleared out the accumulated bikes, kids toys, garden furniture... Who knows I may even find the car :grin:

#RD thanks for the offer. Let me know next time you're putting a brew together & I'll pop on out.

Speak soon

Latest posts

Back